I am just a gurl....in search of some romance....labeling

I have mixed feelings about Valentines Day. 

Not from ever having a bad Valentines Day that I can remember...more of a we commercialize so much about certain days as a society pushing the celebration of Love on that day.....that those who "may not" have a someone special in their lives may feel left out.  And that saddens me.

I feel I am more of a celebrate life daily kinda girl.....no special occasion needed for a card or gift.  But I will conform to addressing pink envelopes for February 14th.  :)

I also know that celebrating these calendar days will not change, as it all comes back to the making of money.  When the Christmas trees are up in the stores in November and there are racks of Valentines Day merchandise, next to St. Paddy's Day merchandise....next to Easter decorations....we are all slaves to marketing .  And you better grab those pink hearts if you need them because come January, they are gone.... haha.

Today I received my online order from Bath and Body Works and in it was the three bottles of their Sweethearts line coming out in the next few weeks for sure in full sized and this Wednesday, I have been told, in the try me $1.00 sized.  I did see the pictures of the line a week or so ago and did get a quick smell from the bottle of each last week, but did not try them on my skin until today as they could not yet be sold in my area.  Some in other areas have been able to purchase the full sized already as shown on the fan page.  I have patience.

Perhaps my patience is due to the labeling.  The bottles labels are cutesy....nothing fantastic. Nothing Romantic...nothing befitting a Valentines Day timed release.  When I read or hear, Honey Sweetheart, Daisy Dreamgirl, and Berry Flirt...I am left with images of romance and roses from valentine cards from years gone by.

Of photos of roses and lace, candles and candies....while hoping for a fragrance of roses....







But instead find these.  Generically clip art like.
America's Sweethearts Travel Size Body Care Bundle - Signature Collection - Bath & Body WorksAmerica's Sweethearts Travel Size Body Care Bundle - Signature Collection - Bath & Body Works

And I wonder, are these directed at the younger sect or for all women?  Maybe not to be taken too seriously, more fun and flirty.....here today - gone in a month kind of release?

The scents are nice....on my skin.  The girl who cannot wear a lot of different fragrances.  I think I like Daisy the most....I find I keep smelling my wrist to experience those notes again.  The Honey is their typical honey anything and is tolerable.  And the Berry is their typical Berry to me with a hint of something at the end that is also wearable but not a signature statement kind of of scent....for me. 

I will buy more of the try me of these I think, and use the coupon that is coming out with the --free signature item with a $10.00 purchase-- to get my shower gel.  I think the only thing I may purchase is the shimmer spray because of the shape of the bottle....a dress form.....gurly....  But that is all subject to change....
Hey, what can I say.... I am a gurl....in search of some romance....Labeling.
Much love.