Just around the corner 4.26.13

The week here weather-wise has been extraordinary.  Warming spring temperatures and blue skies with just a touch of puffy white clouds make for some really wonderful days spent outdoors.  Spring is here, finally....  and that means summer is just around the corner.



Bath and Body Works has been keeping us all pretty busy these past four months with many new and some re-launched fragrances.

So far we have had:


  • 1.14 escape to the tropics Paradise collection 
  • 2.4 Forever Red & Sweetheart collection
  • 3.4 Fresh Picked & Wild Garden collection
  • 4.1 Beautiful Day & Bella Italy

  • And now we have another new signature item coming next month, Pure Paradise as well as a brief re-launch of Malibu Heat.


  • 5.13 Pure Paradise & Malibu Heat

  • I don't know about you, but I do know that my closets are bursting with a ton of products and in taking an inventory of all that I have, any new products are going to have to be really special and unique for me to go overboard on them.  I loved all of the Bella Italia line.....as reflected in the numerous boxes on my shelves.

    I was told that the try me sized Pure Paradise could be in stores as soon as this weekend.  I know the launch was scheduled for just after Mothers Day but we all know that means it could also be pushed up a few days.  Maybe even in time for the May 4th Ultimate Gifts event.

    I am not a big fan of the gift for that day...Beautiful Day, so I am not sure that I will be heading out for that event.  I know the mothers day candle will be available also for one week that week and that (re-done) fragrance ~ Bright Bouquet~  is also not a favorite of mine so I will be passing on that too. 







    I think we tend to get wrapped up in the hoopla of things and purchase items because we think they are rare or we need to have at least one just to say we have it....rather than we need it. 

    Everyone ran to get the Christmas 2012 candle and they were (supposedly) sold out on Black Friday.  I was ill and didn't get to the store to get one.  When I asked that Saturday if there were any I was told they were all gone.  And not even a month later my store had them piled up on a table for sale for $10.00. (so much for one day only, and rare)  I bought three because I loved the apple spruce scent....not because it was dated.

    I did order the Mothers Day Milan VIP tote on the 18th and got that this past Monday so I am not worried about missing out on that purchase with purchase.  The price was great; just $20.00 with a $40.00 purchase...and if your a lover of all things BBW, then there is NO problem finding forty dollars worth of things to meet the requirements.  The bag is worth it.

    I need to make 6-7 Mothers Day gift baskets up so some of those items will come in handy.

    Also coming out for this May 13th time will be the Destinations Home Fragrance Collection.  A few new scents, and a few from last years collection.  And you never know if an old summer-time favorite candle from last year will return.

    Again, I am ready for the Fall Fragrance Collection.  Ha. ha.  When I inquired what was new in Ohio I was told that I was pretty much caught up for now with everything home wise.  The last new thing was the FRESH line of WF bulbs and after that....they are waiting word on the Fall test candles.

    Music to my ears.

    There are possibly a few new things here and there in the next few months....I know there are new Fresh Picked things coming and some True Blue soaps I am anxious for.  Maybe a summertime signature fill in pre- semi annual sale time.... Is anyone else wondering what will be for Halloween?  :)

    The Lakeside line (which some of is available) will have other products coming out,....especially wallflowers in summer themes.  I really want that lighthouse wallflower myself.

    So I guess that is it for now.  I am heading back outside soon to get my yard ready for spring planting....I want to be ready.  Summer is, just around the corner.








    Signature Scents



    • January-- escape to the tropics
    • body lotion, fine fragrance mist, shower gel, triple moisture cream, glowing body scrub, travel sizes.

    1. aruba coconut
    2. bali mango
    3. rio rumberry



    • February- the sweethearts
    • body lotion, fine fragrance mist, shower gel, triple moisture cream, glowing body scrub, travel sizes, shimmer mist, pocketbac (2), lip gloss wand 

    1. daisy dream girl
    2. berry flirt
    3. honey sweetheart



    • March--wild garden
    • body lotion, fine fragrance mist, shower gel, shimmer mist,

    1. wild citrus sunflower
    2. wild berry tulips
    3. wild peach poppy




    • March --fresh picked
    • body lotion, shower gel, hard working hand and body cream, hand cream

    1. apple
    2. first bloom
    3. tangerine
    4. pears
    5. strawberry





    • Men's- White Citrus
    • body spray, body lotion, cologne, 2 in 1 body wash
    Feel the rush of refreshing citrus-lined coasts and fresh waters with this crisp blend of mandarin, white waters and sandalwood

    • preview beautiful day


    • April--

    • Beautiful Day
    • body lotion, fine fragrance mist, shower gel, triple moisture cream, shimmer mist, travel sizes, swirl gel lotion, 2 in 1 super fruit body scrub
    Top Notes: Sun-kissed Apple, Dewy Pear, Sparkling Cassis
    Mid Notes: Wild Daisies, Lily of the Valley, Fresh Pink Peony
    Dry Notes: White Peach, Blonde Woods, Creamy


    • April --fresh picked
    • body lotion, shower gel, hard working hand and body cream, hand cream

    1. apple blossoms
    2. garden herbs
    3. garden mint
    4. garden blossom



    • Bella Italia
    • body lotion, shower gel, fine fragrance mist, shimmer mist,  bronzing mousse, and 2-in-1 shower gel body scrub  

    1. rome honeysuckle amore -Our exclusive fragrance takes you on a romantic stroll through the cobblestone streets of Italy's most glamorous city.

    Top: Italian Peach, Blackberry, Green Mandarin
    Mid: Pink Honeysuckle, White Raspberry, Peony
    Dry: Golden Amber, Soft Sandalwood, Cypress Wood
    1. capris Seaside Citrus -Our exclusive fragrance is a sparkling getaway to the blissful, sundrenched beaches of southern Italy

    Top: Mediterranean Grapefruit, Sparkling Bergamot, Juicy Nectarine
    Mid: Muquet, Orange Flower, Coconut
    Dry: Amber Driftwood, Creamy Musk, Whipped Vanilla
    1. venice Dolce Berry -
      Lavishly spray on 'la dolce vita,' the sweet life, and radiate our playful blend of plumberry, frosted magnolia & sandalwood sugar
  • Top Notes: Pink Plumberry, Apple Blossom, White Iris
  • Mid Notes: Venetian Raspberry, Red Apricot, Frosted Magnolia
  • Dry Notes: Blackberry Musk, Sandalwood Sugar, Vanilla Biscotti