Last nights Pumpkins & Halloween Floor set ~ good-buys and Hellos

August 29th, 2013

Surprisingly, I was able to make a quick trip to my local store today to see all of the ...new from last nights floor set.



I was excited walking up through the mall approaching  the store as I could see the sign in the front....announcing the wallflowers~deal of the day for $2.50 each, Buy 3 get 3 free on signatures and 50% off a lot of the summer stuff in big blue bins..... and I could see a bit of fall leaves hanging from the ceiling.  The closer I got, the more I could smell the aroma of an apple candle burning...and it drew me in.  Oh, the power of scent.
 
I had hoped it was going to be impressive as I have seen some really beautiful sets shared and truly today, it wasn't.  I had the three different codes of printed out coupons in my purse and I really didn't need anything, but you know how that goes. 

The Sa approached me and called me by name asking what was I looking for today.  I asked for the Halloween candle rings and she showed me a little clear container with 6 left in it. Hello black cat!  I chose the few I wanted and asked where the haunted house was.  Their display wasn't even a display it was a few little things tucked into the shelf...the spider, hand soap and a few pocketbac holders.  By the look on her face and the hesitation studdering I knew....here comes the fib. 



 
 

She said while it is scheduled, they have none.  Her body language and her reaction gave her away so I let it at that and saved myself fifty bucks.  I looked around needing either a dollar item or some pocketbac fifty cent holders to make up the difference of the ten dollar purchases I was making and then I grabbed two of the $12.50 sweet cinnamon pumpkin candle holders as well as that ceramic soap/lotion holder $9.50.  These would be my freebies.  I grabbed four of the wallflowers and headed to the register.

 
 

 

For $30.00 I got four colored pocketbac holders, two ceramic filled pumpkins, one ceramic pumpkin caddy, four wallflower bulbs and four Halloween candle rings.  Not too bad.



I saw the sweater "leaves" scent filled candle holder as well as the sweater empty holder....the silver pumpkin box, the large pumpkin with SCP items inside $125.00, that squat looking metal pumpkin shape candle holder $34.50....a few of the cream ceramic pumpkins (2 sizes) $18.00 and $49.00 {everything I posted about with pictures before} and not much else.  For a big floor set there wasn't too much new yet.

I was told shipment came in and possibly the amber blush EDT mini was in it but everyone was busy to go look.  Again she told me next month for the full release.

So I am here looking at my new little Halloween friends...not putting them away as they will be coming out soon.  I still have my dining table set with sand and shells and summer things themed and I will be changing over to sunflowers and pumpkins in the upcoming months.

Speaking of pumpkins....weis grocery store  had just put out  a huge carton of big.... really big and gorgeous pumpkins for only $4.99 each.  That is an awesome price.  Around here these are sold on the farms by the pound and by the diameter  size so I can make many a minion for a decent price for the front porch.  I wanted to buy them tonight but hubby reminded me....October is many, many weeks away...and today it is hot and humid with no let up in sight. 

So it is goodbye for now sweet pumpkin....but hello is just around the corner!