More new fall-ness on a warm summers eve


August 19, 2013

I smiled as I entered my kitchen this morning.  The sun was filtering in through the blinds on the white windowsill decorated with the bright red tomatoes from my garden. Lined from end to end, Summers harvest time is definitely here and I welcome it.  I planned on a day working out in the garden and getting the grass cut  but instead I ended up going out of town for an Italian lunch and a trip to my favorite Bath and Body Works store. 


Of course because I bought a few soaps yesterday, they went on sale today for the 5/15  7/20 so I tucked the receipt into my purse to get it adjusted.  I was so confused as to what exactly should be out today new and what was going to hit the stores the first week of September, I took a chance on seeing some new.  And right before I left, UPS brought me my order from last week to add into todays fall frenzy preview.











My online order consisted of two of the new mercury glass owls....a green and a brown and they arrived in perfect condition.  Packaged in those cardboard tubes like the candles are, both those and the green glass bubble candle holder are lovely.  I have them currently perched atop my grandmothers glass cabinet in my dining room until I change over from summertime seashells and pineapples.  I added a battery tea light candle to see how they look aglow and I know they will be a perfect accent with candles.



 I ordered some pocketbacs in the pear, autumn bouquet and the Vermont maple as well as getting a bottle of HFO in the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle.  It smells as yummy as the candle.

I also grabbed a bottle of the sweet cinnamon pumpkin hand lotion and I was a bit surpised to see the color is pink-ish.  Weird.


 

Now for my store visit, I wanted to adjust my receipt and that was taken care of and I got three other bottles of the soaps for $5.00



The store did have the blueberry pumpkin candle now out on the shelf....held back for this past weekends sale.  I really didn't want it enough to pay $20.00 for it now a day later.

I then found a cute tote bag for $29.50 with a full sized three piece ritual of the SCP fall traditions.  When I added a pocketbac holder for 50 cents and used a 10 off of 30 coupon, it made that set of three with a glittery pumpkin tote $20.00....making each item (not including the PB holder) $5.00 a piece.







On that display there is a travel sized Fall signature traditions zippered cosmetic pouch with a mist and lotion and a SCP lip gloss in it for $16.50.  It is the same material like that one gift bag they have for sale in the store that is plastic vinyl covered paper bag....so I passed on that.  But it was different and cute in its own way.

I did see the lip glosses for fall traditions out and I tried them all and while they are all still that sticky...going to get your hair stuck to your lip feeling gloss.... each one has a subtle glimmer to them and taste FANTASTIC.  The apple is like you bit into an apple...and the blackberry has a very strong berry scent as soon as you open it and is berry tasting.  The caramel was sweet and vanilla caramel tasting. 

The truck with deliveries arrived as I got there and I was able to get the pumpkin apple and pumpkin cupcake room perfume sprays and they too both smell delish.



I was told the shipment had a huge cream colored ceramic pumpkin in it... with no price tag, no name... nothing to show that it was going to be for sale or décor. Hmm, very curious....And I was.  I was hoping to see some Halloween things but not for a few weeks yet.  And I did see another sink caddy, this time holding the Autumn in America lines Aspen Autumn Day hand soap and lotion.  I do love all things organizing, I just need to watch having metal things on my white porcelain sink next to water.  The bottoms seem to rust (my friend had the same happen to her set and she tossed them)  and leave metal lines on my sink.  So those are great to hold lotions where no water from your hands can drip and cause rust.

Well, I best get my new treasures put away.  More new fallness on a warm summers evening...