Shared on the " Your Home with Jill" blog from QVC and I loved it so much I thought I would share it here on my blog too.
Advent Calendar Muffin pan
Do you have an advent calendar in your home? I’m sure many of you do. It might be wooden and beautifully hand-carved with Christmas ornaments inside. Or perhaps you have an actual “calendar” that’s simply made from cardstock and features fun facts about Santa. But if you don’t have an advent calendar—or you’re just looking for a fun DIY Christmas idea, you’re going to love today’s project!
That’s an advent calendar made from a mini muffin pan! Isn’t it neat? I found a similar idea on—you guessed it—Pinterest. And, it was pinned in a blog called The Stamp Doc, penned by Melissa.
Here’s what you need:
• 24-cup mini muffin pan
• Red/Green cardstock
• Decorative scrapbook paper
• Large drinking glass
• 2” scalloped paper punch
• Circular tags with labels
• Fine-point permanent marker
• Glue stick
• Hot glue gun
• 48 1/2" magnetic strips
• Christmas ribbon
• Treats for inside (I filled some holes with chocolate kisses and put notes in others, like, “Let’s Go for Ice Cream” and “It’s Movie Night!”
Here’s how you make this:
1. I started with the paper. I needed circles large enough to cover each muffin cavity but I didn’t have a punch that was that large. So, I found a drinking glass with a wide base and traced 24 circles onto the red and green cardstock with a pencil. Then, I cut them out.
2. Next, I took my 2” scalloped punch and punched 24 holes into some Christmas-themed scrapbook paper. (I bought a package that contained several pieces.)
3. Now label the tags 1-24 with a fine-point permanent marker. (If your craft store sells tags that are already numbered, feel free to get them!)
4. Plug in your hot glue gun. While it’s “preheating,” rub some glue (from your glue stick) onto the back of each scalloped circle and stick it onto the cardstock. Then, squirt a dab of hot glue on the center of each scalloped circle and attach the numbered tags.
5. While the glue is drying, cut a piece of ribbon about 2’L and tie it into a bow. Then, put a dab of hot glue at the top of the muffin pan and attach the ribbon. (Feel free to buy a pre-tied bow!)
6. Go back to your paper now and flip the pieces over. Squirt two more dabs of hot glue onto the back of the cardstock at the very tippy top and bottom, and then adhere the magnets.
7. Again, let the glue dry. In the meantime, fill the calendar holes with candies, notes, and other tiny treats. If the magnets feel secure by the time you’re done, put the paper in place!
8. That’s it! Display this in a special space…the countertop, a butcher’s block, or a coffee table. Or, consider hanging it with a few pieces of those picture hanging strips. If you use two magnets, your treats should stay tucked inside.