Department: Beauty | Maybelline New York | ColorSensational The Buffs Lipstick

December 27, 2013
 
While doing some after Christmas plastic tote shopping today in Kmart...and waiting in a very long line to get checked out, I happened to see the end cap of makeup in cosmetics showing some new products from Maybelline.  I had recently seen a few photos  of a couple things there and thought I would check out the display to see how these items looked in person.
 
I have been wearing makeup for a very long time and I started out simply with lipstick.  Which is how, I think anyway, most girls do.  And I do like a lot of different brands of lipsticks and one of my favorites is Loreal Brand.  In the summertime I love wearing lighter colors of lipstick...almost nudes, and two of my favorites are 875 dune and 845 tawny.  I am not sure if it's the color of my skin or what, but I get the most compliments on my lipstick when I wear those two shades.  Now much harder to find I am always in search of a great neutral tone. 
 
I am very fair skin toned, and I have to watch that the lip color isn't too light to make me looked washed out overall, yet I can't wear something too skin colored to look as if I stuck my mouth in a latte. Of course when I wear that shade palate, it must be uniform from eyes to cheeks. And you must take your bare lip skin tone into consideration as well.  What works on one person may not always work on you.
 
So I bought three shades today each costing $7.49.  I chose from the lower end of the color range to mid range.  The darker colors looked pretty too but I was hoping to find something close to my favorite shades.
 
The lipsticks feel good on and seem to have a more opaque look to them. I tried each of the three shades now in room lighting and I will give them another try tomorrow in natural daylight.  Also a consideration.  So far these are really pretty and quite blend-able with each other. I think the next one I will try will be the darkest shade expresso to see how it looks for winter wear.
Sadly, stores no longer offer testers to see how a dab would look against your skin tone but I think picking out any shade to try would be worth it.    
 
 
Maybelline, New York
Color Sensations
 
The Buffs Lipsticks
910 bare all
915 blushing beige
920 nude lust
925 maple kiss
930 truffle tease
935 sin-a-mon
940 touchable
945 stormy sahara
950 untainted spice
955 expresso exposed