Living a Charmed life...

December 26, 2013
 
The holiday big ta do is done and over with and all that is left to do is clean up the wrappings...possibly exchange a few things (I don't need to) and start thinking about what's next in the new year. 
While out shopping last weekend I saw Kmart had the display of Valentine cards, bears and candies out and ready to sell.
And of course we will be seeing Easter things trickling in as well as it falls on April 20th this year.  Ha ha.
When I wrote my blog last night about the Valentines Day gift for my sisters (velvet sugar bubble bath) I had forgotten to mention the charms I add to the ribbons. 
 
When wrapping a small enough item that I add a ribbon bow to I like to add a small trinket extra....and having worked for a company that allowed me great access to buying charms I made sure I have a nice collection.  It can be added easily with a few stitches of thread...( I like to use a small piece of paddle wire from a craft store).
  With Michaels Crafts stores everywhere now, you can find charms easily too and after the gift is opened, the charm can be saved and added to a bracelet, necklace or tossed in a junk drawer.  :).
They can also be added to greeting cards....
Does anyone else still mail out greeting cards and birthday cards?  I do.  I know as technology moves forward we seem to become lax in the things we once were taught to do...more or less taking hand done personalization out of the equation.
 
  Birthday wishes have since become a greeting typed on a Face Book page or a 140 character tweet.
 
  Which is fine I guess....but something I did notice being I still do things old school too. 
My sister laughed at all of the Christmas cards strewn across the living and dining room archway garland and asked me did I send out that many cards this year.  I shook my head yes, and mentioned we cut back a little bit to only 55 this year...we simply ran out of time with all we were doing.  She laughed and said she didn't know I knew 55 people.  She said she doesn't.
 
Less tweets....more cards.