The Wings of Freedom Tour | The Collings Foundation | B-24 P-51 B-17 Planes

August 18, 2014
 
Can you hear that engine roar? The B-24 Liberator, P-51 Mustang and the B-17 Flying Fortress just flew over my house and that incredible sound of their engines is a familiar one and one that still gives me goose bumps when I hear it.
 
Around this time of year, The Collings Foundation brings these and other beautifully restored bomber planes out to our airport for not only tours but actual 30 minute or one hour flight experiences.
Incredible.
 
The first time I saw them sitting on the tarmac I just stood there without words. What can you say when you see something that once had a place in history and is now sitting a few feet in front of you?  The majesty of their presence is overwhelming.

And every year on their visit I try to learn a little bit more.
 
The photos below were all taken by me on a few of the more recent visits.  Tomorrow I will go to the airport to get photos of the planes currently here. 
 
As I am typing this I can hear them flying around the city and back to the airport....and snapped a quick photo out of the window of my office....and I have chills again.
 
 
 
The Wings of Freedom Tour
25th Anniversary
 














 
 
============