Bath & Body Works | My Thoughts of #FragranceFlashbacks and the New SAS Fragrances

June 9, 2015

This year the Signature Fragrances Bath and Body Works chose to return for their Semi Annual Sale were these:

Country Apple
Cucumber Melon
Juniper Breeze
White Tea and Ginger
Pearberry
Plumeria

Available in these forms:
Fine Fragrance Mist
Shea and Vitamin E Shower Gel
Shea and Vitamin E Body Lotion
24 hour Moisture Ultra Shea Body Cream



Country Apple Notes:
  • Top Notes: McIntosh Apple, Clementine, Apple Leaf
  • Mid Notes: Apple Blossom, Fresh Muguet, Sheer Sunlight
  • Dry Notes: Orchard Woods, Fruit Musk, Sandalwood

Cucumber Melon Notes:
  • Top Notes: Crisp Cucumber, Watery Honeydew
  • Mid Notes: Summer Cantaloupe, Sparkling Grapefruit, Muguet
  • Dry Notes: Sheer Woods, Soft Musk

Juniper Breeze Notes:
  • Top Notes: Juniper Leaves, Pineapple Nectar, Mountain Air Accord
  • Mid Notes: Green Apple, Blue Jasmine, Ylang
  • Dry Notes: Fresh Woods, Dewy Musk

White Tea and Ginger Notes:
  • Top Notes: White Tea Leaves, Sparkling Yuzu, Lemon
  • Mid Notes: Fresh Bergamot, Nutmeg, Tea Rose, Earl Grey Tea
  • Dry Notes: Geranium Petals, Hint of Ginger, White Musk, Woods
Pearberry Notes:
  • Top Notes: Anjou Pear, Wild Berries
  • Mid Notes: Apple Blossom, Golden Freesia, Muguet
  • Dry Notes: Blonde Woods, Sheer Musk

Plumeria Notes:
  • Top Notes: Pink Plumeria, Peach Nectar
  • Mid Notes: Red Apple, Fresh Cut Rose, Muguet
  • Dry Notes: Night-blooming Jasmine, Balsam Fir
They also chose to add three new fragrances for us to enjoy... and these were chosen from a few of their very popular Home Fragrance scents:

Mahogany Teakwood
Eucalyptus Spearmint
Peach Bellini

Mahogany Teakwood Notes:
  • Top Notes: Mahogany, Delicate Lavender
  • Mid Notes: Teakwood, Geranium, Oakmoss
  • Dry Notes: White Cedar, Feathered Musk

Eucalyptus Spearmint Notes:
  • Top Notes: Eucalyptus, Sparkling Citrus, Ginger Flower
  • Mid Notes: Fresh Spearmint, Jasmine
  • Dry Notes: Clary Sage, Iced Musk

Peach Bellini Notes:
  • Top Notes: Juicy Peach, Fresh Mango, Pink Grapefruit
  • Mid Notes: Sparkling Prosecco, White Apricot, Spring Jasmine
  • Dry Notes: Mandarin, Sweet Orange Peel, Blackcurrant


I know there were a lot of people anticipating the return of these online exclusive scents the minute the list was revealed. In public as well as in private social media groups people spoke of what scents they were going to be stocking up on with a lot of enthusiasm.

There were a few stores that offered all of these fragrances a week earlier than the nationwide launch and we all followed what others had to say about them before we got our chance to try...and buy.

 And if the crowds in my store filling blue mesh bags of these scents from the stocked tables were any indication of how much they were missed....I would expect to see them come close to selling out.

Fragrance for me is a bit tricky.  While my nose loves the beautiful fragrances in the bottle...my body's chemistry has its own idea of what will work on me.

On Sunday when the SAS began online, I ordered a bunch of the new returning scents as well as the other three new.  My sister wears Cucumber Melon in the summer and Warm Vanilla Sugar the rest of the time as her Signature scents, so this time of year...whenever it comes out at SAS...I stock up for her as part of her birthday present. She should be stocked up well should we not see Cucumber Melon return to the store next year. It will return to its online exclusive status after SAS.

I like Cucumber Melon....in the bottle.  Not so much on me.  I love clean scents....and florals.  I want those I pass by not to think..."wow, has she no friends to tell her that does not work?" 

Right? .. we have all been there....in an elevator....or store and a woman walks past us and we think...wow....!

Fragrance, to me, should not be what greets people before our smile. And I feel with some of these scents...on me....they would.

I tried on White Tea and Ginger in the store today....and it is the same scent it was when I first purchased it so long ago.  And I will keep that when it comes tomorrow.

The next scent was the Plumeria. A true floral I could get away with wearing now and again.  I kept smelling my wrist in the store and my husband asked what I was doing.  Well, they all start out good...and then....not so much.  This stayed consistent and I liked how feminine it was...so it will be a keeper too.

Pearberry....nope.  Great in the bottle....these all were...on me no way.

Juniper Breeze.  A household cleaner smell.  I liked this at one time but wow...my tastes must have changed. Again, hubby said to me...why are you making faces....and I said it's this scent I sprayed.  I couldn't help myself I guess...not really believing I didn't care for it....and I kept trying to like it. But no way....I went to the sink to wash it off...and it has some staying power that one.

Country Apple.  I love the apple scents for myself in the evening after a shower... and in the shower....as well as home scenting.  While  I prefer not to wear it out in public...it is a fragrance I can wear, and enjoy for myself.

I would recommend to try all of  the scents in the store while they are available...Priced currently at $3.50 for a Fine Fragrance Mist (as are all of the other forms available that price)  you can really add to your fragrance collection for a fraction of the price.

Now the other three scents:

Mahogany Teakwood and Eucalyptus Spearmint....I had great expectations for those...on me...and they dissipated quickly in the store today.  There is no way I can wear either.  Mahogany Teakwood is very masculine and sadly when I tried both ...I got a headache.

The Peach Bellini was likable...as is the candle.....as a crisp sweet peach scent with a tartness to it, but it too, would be one I enjoyed around the house for myself.

So those are my brief thoughts of the #fragranceflashbacks  and the new scents to SAS. I can't wait to hear what fragrances you love.