Bath & Body Works | Seaside Escape | Signature Fragrances - Sunkissed Days - Seaside Mimosa - Beach Breeze

June 26, 2015

I was shocked yesterday to see some of the new and coming, out and available for sale.  And me, being me...I had to get some to try.

While I knew there was going to be an additional fragrance coming along with the new Splash into Summer fragrances...namely Beach Breeze....I was completely shocked to see there were two others along with it.

When I saw these names trademarked some time ago I assumed that they would end up as Summertime scents in body care. Typical summer names. Then a friend to my page posted a photo of candles found in her White Barn store named: Seaside Mimosa and Sun-kissed Days just after the American Summer candles came out for SAS.  So I thought that they would be Home Fragrance only...coming out along with Junes American Summer line of candles.  But the labels on those did not match. And the B loves themes.

Then I saw the photo of the Beach Breeze collection that was both Signature Body Care as well as Home Fragrance...I immediately remembered the labels of the two White Barn candles and thought, Yes! they all belonged together.  But I still never thought they, too, would have a fragrance accompaniment.


Yesterday I saw one of the new candles in store, the Seaside Mimosa...and smelled it.  Pretty label and a decent scent.  Here are those notes.



And Here is the new trio of scents and their notes:

Sun Kissed Days: (citrus, clean, crisp warm)
beach blossom, sundrenched sandalwood, wild freesia, seaside citrus and golden musk

Seaside Mimosa: (bright, fruity, juicy, sweet)
pink grapefruit, mimosa blossom, white nectarine, coral honeysuckle, and cape cod cedar wood

Beach Breeze: (creamy, exotic)
coconut water, crisp lemon, vanilla musk, cotton blossom, blonde driftwood
 

 
 Available Forms:

•Fine Fragrance Mist
•Shea and Vitamin E Body Lotion
•Shea and Vitamin E Shower Gel
•3 Wick Candle
•Gentle Foaming Hand Soap


 
The back of the bottle reads:
 
Wake up to glorious sunlight sparkling on the ocean and the refreshing sound of waves kissing the shore.  Kick back and breathe in the salty air of summer by the sea.
 
I purchased the lotions to review.
 
The labels on this trio is nice. Nothing overly dramatic or detailed, but just enough to make you want to check it out. I like the background colors on the labels - Summer coral, pink, blue and sand tones that host a center nautical rope trimmed square with raised lettering for the scent names.   Each scent has a nautical emblem; anchor, wheel and boat to brand this collection as summer. Accents of gold leafing blend all of the elements together to let you know this is something special.
 
Sun Kissed Days: Immediately when I opened the bottle I thought of Capri Seaside Citrus. I am not sure if this is a reincarnate of that fragrance, but it is what came to mind first off. I find I keep smelling my wrist over and over again because it is beautiful on. I love the floral and citrus blend...not too much of either to over take the other. I will be getting this in the FFM and Shower Gel.  I think all of these scents should be available in hand soap form and I will try this scent in that ...but if it doesn't I will use a shower gel as a hand soap as it is just that nice.  { Bottle pumps to fit the new bottle design would be greatly appreciated }
 
Seaside Mimosa: In the bottle and on my skin, I did not like this fragrance at all.  I think its the grapefruit note that seems off, scent wise for me. I will keep this and share it with my sister but I don't see me buying any other products with this scent in the body care.
 
Beach Breeze: This also reminded me of a scent we have experienced before. I can smell the coconut in it but not strong like all of the other coconut infused scents we have had recently.  This is mellowed down with the creaminess of the vanilla and on my skin after it dries the cotton note comes out.  I wouldn't say this is only a bright crisp, fresh fragrance but one that has a touch of warmth to it that makes it enjoyable on.  This is also a scent I would recommend to try.
 
Fragrance is a very personal thing. What I like may be much different than what you would enjoy.  My comments here are reflective of how these scents worked with my body chemistry as well as my personal thoughts and experiences with fragrance.  It is merely my opinion and I always suggest everyone tries the new fragrances on themselves as well as sniffing the bottle as they are always different to me.