Bath & Body Works | Resolution of the Online Order Problem | My in-store solution

The roads here in town are still snow covered and horrendous but somewhat passable so with the sun shining bright against a beautiful, blue sky we ventured out.  We are in for another 3" - 5" of snow overnight so today was the day to hit the mall and take care of my exchange.

I thought last night about what I was going to do.  I wasn't sure I even wanted the Ceramic Rabbit anymore...miffed about how customer service handled this situation in what I had come to read was much differently for some. 

According to Customer Service, I was told I had to exchange my incorrect metal sleeve for the ceramic rabbit in a store and to use the ten dollar e-gift card provided for the balance. Generous, sure but still a pain in the neck nonetheless. Then I read, others were able to have what they were suppose to have, the rabbit, sent to them and instructed they can keep the metal sleeve.  I didn't want the sleeve- even if it was to be free. I bought one on Monday. So I debated with myself...get the rabbit...or just get a refund for metal sleeve and be done with it.


Part of what helped me decide what to do was the fact that the email of the day had a save $10 off of $30 coupon.  So I thought about what I would get for the $10.50 difference ($19.50 rabbit). After I returned the sleeve. 

I have come to find in some stores, when you make an exchange or a return and get something else, the dollar values of things get really screwed up.  I am not sure why, I just know that many times I had to get the situation fixed if I noticed it before things get closed out.  I didn't want to have to deal with that, so return one thing...then buy the next was what I was going to do.

Wandering around the store that was closed for the past few days because of the weather didn't net me anything new so I decided on just getting a single wick candle and the rabbit.

I also purchased a wax warmer, two wax warmer sleeves; one in the gold dogwood pattern and one silver leaves, the mini candle bunny holder, and a pocketbac holder in the neon orange color. Having so many different wax melts and a few different warmers in both electric and candle types sort of deterred me from trying the warmer previously.  But for weeks I walked around the display wondering if it was any good and the only way to know is to try it for myself. This warmer seems to use a 25 watt candelabra bulb to melt the wax....and I hope it is something easy to find when it needs replacing.  Replacement bulbs are not available in the store. My sister gave me a Scentsy warmer as a gift and I used it once and found it bothersome to have that light bulb in there.  I guess I am better not seeing what makes the wax melt.  :)

I will post my wax warmer thoughts after a few days of using it.

So that was my resolution of the Bath and Body Works Online Ceramic Bunny Candle Holder Error.  For those of you who were also affected with the "mistake"  Metal Candle Sleeve, How did you make out?