Bath & Body Works | Information Capture at the Register Changes

I am not sure if you noticed it yet, but things during checkout at Bath and Body Works have changed over the last few days in most places...and in some, last week.

Changes regarding the capturing of our phone number and email information.

Now, if you use a credit card that you've used before to pay for your purchase, the phone number and email address used previously will automatically pre-populate on the screen for that card. They will ask you to confirm your information.

And if they enter a phone number the name given previously and email address will pre-populate.

I suppose that is a plus for them, to sort of go around all of those who after finishing paying for their purchases try to leave without allowing them to "capture" the information.

We are told....over and over again....that they want the information to offer us all better coupons, both in email form and through home mailers.  I am not the only one who isn't buying it.  Many workers and I have had discussions regarding this practice....And now with the registers using our PERSONAL information to pre-populate the boxes...our choice in giving any information we CHOOSE TO is taken away.

I shop often...I mean, come on...you all have seen my shares of some...ahem...of my collection of Bath and Body Works items. 

I get the same email daily as everyone else gets....

I get the same home mailer coupons....(those who DON'T buy get better ones actually)  as everyone else...

so please...tell me again why you as a company do not offer me a store swipe rewards card (that does not need my credit card info tied to it) to offer me SPECIFICALLY better deals based on my spending habits yet you get to USE my credit card info in any way you wish...???  

When Michael's Craft Store was hacked my credit card info was taken because a company was also keeping track of me... letting someone have a good ole time in IKEA in Maryland shopping with my info...and I had months of misery.....