Saturday Dinner | Crockpot Cooking | Beef Pepper Steak

A family favorite, Beef Pepper Steak over rice...it's what's for dinner.






INGREDIENTS:
1-1/2 pound (s) of Round Steak, thinly sliced
2 Green peppers
1 Small Onion, cut thick
1 1/2 cups of Beef Broth ( or Beef Stock)
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
Salt to Taste
White Rice
 
INSTRUCTIONS:
Add all of the ingredients listed in the crockpot.
I always prewarm my crockpot as I prepare the ingredients.
This was cooked on HIGH for five hours, stirring it occasionally throughout the cooking process.
By the time this was finished cooking it did make plenty of broth and if you want it a bit thicker you can add a 1/4 teaspoon of cornstarch to a 1/4 cup of water and add it to the mix about a half hour before it would be finished cooking. I did thicken it a little but used the beef broth instead of water.
I served this over a bed of white rice, with a green garden salad as a side.
This seems to be a serving for four, over rice, with a side dish.  I will have plenty of leftovers tomorrow for lunch.