Life Talk | January 1, 2018

New Years Day, 2018 is tucked under my belt and it was a pretty nice day at that.  Nice because the sun was out for a time which was actually wonderful since we have been in the single digits here for over a week now with too many overcast days. Have I mentioned I am not a huge fan of COLD.  I mean the bitter cold, can't get warm with even a few hundred hot flashes... cold. The prospects for warmer weather ( perhaps double digits)  this week into the weekend are not good with projected minus degree temperatures as soon as Thursday evening.  Minus two is not making my oil burner run less and is scaring the bejeepers out of my bank account. Such is the quandary of living in a four season area.  Why am I not living where it is warm?  I mentioned the hot flashes...right? That, and bugs. Ew.

My husband was in charge of the cooking today and he made a wonderful meal...thus redeeming himself of his scalloped potatoes debacle a few days ago. You cannot go wrong with warm from the oven baked bread, and beef covered with onions, mushrooms, and gravy hitting all of the comfort food spots.   We took food to his dad and quickly returned to the warmth of home. Brrrr. 

What else have I been doing...

I have been working on de-stashing some of my body care and posted a few things earlier on Mercari.  There is so much I want to get rid of that doing so could be a full-time job. I had planned on taking care of the attic Holiday decorations de-stash this past spring because I wanted to make a diva den up there.  Truth be told my entire house is my den but with him calling the living room his Man Cave, I need to have somewhere I can call a Diva Den. 

His dad was ill and ended up in the hospital in June and was in need of more care than we thought so that sort of ate up every moment I wanted to go through things.   With winter screens in three of the five windows up there to balance out the insulation, my attic is frigid, to say the least, and I don't plan on becoming an Ice Princess...so that pushes back that idea.

How soon is spring?

Hopefully it will warm up enough to make putting away the Christmas Tree and the decorations bearable.  Until it does, I will enjoy the little white lights in the evenings...in the Man Cave.