Bath & Body Works | Going Down The Rabbit Hole And Searching For The Light...

This holiday weekend finds me busy going through more of my Bath and Body Works collection, going through my other craft collections, and making more clay pieces.  The weather here is not conducive for picnics and outdoor get togethers with rain forecast every day, so I am taking this time to relax...and reminisce.  


 

I am going through my candle cabinet with plans to thin that out more.  I had been selling off many of the older three wick candles and now I am getting to the others I had saved.  I laugh at myself thinking how much I thought I needed...rather than grabbing what I could use up and enjoy.  That Fear Of Missing Out syndrome I suppose...(shakes my head) 

Seeing my collection is a dual-edged sword.  

On one hand it brings back so many wonderful memories of how great collecting these things were, especially Fall and Holiday...along with the interactions of incredible people in the stores.  The laughs that were had, lunches out together, and this general feeling of friendship as you learned about so much of each others family life.  All while buying lotion, and wax.  Those stores are gone as the ghost malls were demolished for warehouses and office buildings, and the workers all dispersed to other area stores. 

And on the other hand, you have a big, pile of stuff.

I watched a story on Instagram of a person I follow, and everything that she was going through regarding social media and the turn it took...and how on reflecting back over everything, she realizes how she is to move forward... which is exactly how I feel and look at things.  She made a statement about being an "influencer" and that, 

" Gods plan wasn't for me to sell vacuum cleaners." and it couldn't ring truer.

She spoke of how much shame she felt in seeing the storage space filled with stuff that became a part of her...and how she's going to clear it all out.  Been There!!!!  Still clearing it out.  

What starts out as sharing those things that make up your life pieces, and life pages...your true life....can easily turn into sharing what others expect of you...want of you...and those things you want to search out and share...to stay relevant.

Relevant to whom?

That is what you must first answer before falling down into the rabbit hole....because when you hit the bottom...there are only two choices out. 

Look for the light, or breathe in the dirt.  I, see the light...

So I will be adding a bunch of candles to Mercari in the upcoming week...although I will be posting all that I am getting rid of here first.  Keep checking for the blog posting as I won't be sharing it on Instagram or Facebook.

Yesterday, I found a plastic bin filled with Scrapbooks, new in the box waiting for memories to be placed between the plastic pages.  After we lost Angeline, my scrap booking life stopped.  It was something we did together and I can't bear to look at them...so I will be making up huge lots of scrapbook supplies also going to be posted for sale.

As for the clay...when I am done with this post...and another OMG post of Bath and Body Works to follow...I am going back to finishing up my witch gnomes and getting them baked for Etsy sales. So far they are adorable.

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!  


Photo Credit: Walt Disney Productions/Disney Animated Canon