Bath & Body Works | De-Stash And Trash - Photos Of Wasted Money

Some of my Bath and Body Works collection items that are hitting the trash can -- Such a waste of money.

If you have been reading my posts and checking out my Mercari site, you would have seen that I have been going through some of my fragrance cabinets seeing what I truly need in my collection, and what I don't...and what happens when you start this sort of clean out???...You see just how much money is wasted.

Regardless of  how good the product may be, I will not be buying Body Creams again.  The time from purchase to using it up is way too short before it turns a into chunky, yellow liquid yuck. Open the cabinet, and give one a shake.  Yep, liquid yuck.  Lost dollars.  Stored in the most perfect of conditions, they turn.  And when there are many fragrances launched in a collection monthly, that you want to have the entire set of, you need to be slathering these body creams on all day to finish them up.

Those Body Lotions shown are older, stored waiting for their turn to be used again only to be pushed to the back with so much new hitting the stores.  Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin was a go-to fall scent and then it turned on me.  Same thing with Twisted Peppermint - it made me nauseated to smell it.  

I have a bunch of shower gels in this older style bottle, all brand new...still the perfect color they were, and I may use them at the sink with a pump to get through them all.  They were from a time when the scent was strong and the bubbles were plenty.  I have a few full sized BUBBLE BATHS TOO.  Goodness.

These pictured are the last of that size hand creams I have and I am going to just toss them. I liked this bigger version over what we have now.  I will be posting the new size hand creams from my collection.

I have another cabinet to go through and I know there is more to toss.  Some things I kept as a reference to the old...like some keep the older things to archive.  I don't plan to do that anymore.

What I also found is that my Victoria's Secret drawer of fragrances did not disappoint...those are still strongly scented, long-wearing and beautiful and I am enjoying wearing them.

I had sold off --- more like gave away for the price I charged, almost all of my wallflower units that were new, and most of the refills from my collection to go with them.  I found one small box filled of refills with Gingerbread scents, Slatkin Vanilla Shortbread scents, and a few other good ones.  I am going to gift some with this years units, and I may clear out the rest of the refills.  

Room Sprays?  Heavens, those things last forever...and if you over spray them, they will choke you out. 

I know I could have easily tossed these out before the photo and this post, but I wanted to keep a reminder of how much I have tossed because of wasteful purchasing.  It happens easily...and you don't need to write about a brand to fall into this pattern of purchasing.  Marketing is everything and what companies depend on.   I saw it happening, yet it was easy to close the doors on the already full cabinet of scents until the next new scent comes out, and you open it up to toss in another fragrance you may not get to.  I am ready to stop with the " I wanna get to" buys.