Bath & Body Works | Phasing Out The Outlet Stores

There have been rumors circulating for some time that the Bath and Body Works Outlet Stores will be phased out and some have been speculating if this is true or not. While I have never shopped at an outlet store myself, I did see plenty of hauls over the years to know that it seemed to be very popular.  With some major changes happening at Bath and Body Works currently, I did ask a friend if this resurfacing rumor has any truth to it.  Here's what I found out...

The answer is YES,  

While no definitive date has been released by the company, Bath and Body Works is phasing out the Outlet Stores.

  • Outlet stores will Close
  • Select closed Outlet stores will reopen as regular Bath and Body Works / White Barn stores
  • 50 Mall stores are closing
     

Is this a good or bad move on their part?

I know it is disappointing for those who shop, but my thought, is good. If they had so much merchandise to fill Outlet Stores to offer the same goods at much lower prices than is sometimes seen at Semi-Annual Sales, maybe they can offer the extras on  clearance for the SAS to make it last for the three weeks, rather than three days.of sales. 

If and when Bath and Body Works releases anymore information regarding the phasing out of Outlet Stores I will share it.  


---------

Edited to add - after all of these years writing about this brand if you think that I don’t know that semi-annual sale lasts three Weeks and not three Days I don’t know what to say.

And I would have explained myself on the Facebook post sharing a screen shot of this post - what I meant to the comment trying to correct me - but the poster shut off commenting  

My saying using the outlet merchandise to help the SAS sale last longer than three days - was because more often than not in my area, after the first three days of sale everything is picked out and gone with little new to choose from, until it ends three weeks later.