Bath & Body Works | Candle Returns And Choosing Those Scents Wisely

Edited: 1/15/2023

I have shared all of the updates regarding exchanges as they were sent to me so I thought we all had a pretty good idea as to what should be happening in stores.  Then I sat and read some social media posts where people are having troubles making exchanges, and returns...and I wondered...

Upon checking out some of the new-ness in stores now, with the rest to launch on Monday, January 16th I asked the question that was on my mind about returning candles...  I mean with everything going up that .45 I was wondering how it all was going to work, with say a $26.50 Candle.

I was told it came from "oh high" and the stores will be following this policy...If I brought back a $26.50 Candle and wanted to exchange it for a now $26.95 candle, the register would recognize the last sale price of $13.25 and I would have to...have to pay the difference.  There was no talk of similar price candle labels...straight up --pay the difference.

This weekend I spoke with a manager to find out how they are handling exchanges without receipts in their store. Lately, many doing exchanges without a receipt are sharing their experiences online because they had to pay a large amount to do so...not the 45 cents difference from the bottom label pricing of a $26.50 candle to a $26.95 candle.  This person told me they are following the most recent update (that I had shared some time ago) of the 45 cents difference cost.  There is no other current update suggesting to charge the customer more than that...and it is not that hard to do an exchange.   When I shared what I was told, they said that it was incorrect.  I suppose it's more of: all stores not being on the same page still.

Could it be that it would be that procedure when the candles aren't on sale and should it happen to be a sale day for the return, it would be a lower co-pay?

This girl is not going to find out.

Nope...Careful Candle Buying and choosing those scents that I know I will like.  I am different than all of you who aren't wearing a mask in stores and who can sniff everything pre-purchase.  My scent testing is at home now.

I was surprised...and those customers talking about it on social media were not kidding... This seems to be the way of the wax handling.

Could we expect nothing less?  I mean how many videos do we need to see of women filling up tan colored baskets with candles and walking out of the store.....who do you think pays for that?  We are.  Sure they get the insurance money...but it all flows downhill....and we are at the bottom of that hill.

The 8 oz Single wick Candles were out and goodness,  those silver lids are thin, and do not fit tight on the jar...becareful when lifting up those to see the $17 have you lost your minds .95 price tag on the bottom. On Sale today for $10 I was told.  (insert face palm emoji).

Today's Mantra ---  Choose wisely....