Bath & Body Works | Bold Blooms Body Care Collection Featuring Tested Scents Hello Beautiful And Blooming Garden Found At Semi-Annual Sale

When Bath and Body Works released their Bold Blooms Body Care Collection for Mother's Day we saw it available in only four fragrances.

Black Cherry Merlot, Champagne Toast, Whipped Vanilla Cream, and Fresh Cut Lilacs.  

Which were the four fragrances that I saw listed on the store's paperwork.  I would think, and this is just my opinion, that if you choose a collection name such as Bold Blooms, you would pick scents that are...well, Blooms.  


Dedicated buyers of the brand know about repurposing scents we have seen in many collections with different marketing to suit the current collection coming.  It is not surprising to us anymore.

With a vast amount of florals available to them to choose from such as Rose, Gardenia, Jasmine, Lavender, and Peony the collection could have been more authentic to the collection name and still be great for Mother's Day gift-giving.  But the fan favorites Black Cherry Merlot and Champagne Toast usually get tucked in somewhere with a new label and they were added.

The store sudden closures made the only resource to purchase the collection online...which meant, no opportunity to try before you buy.  I ordered the scents and tried them weeks and weeks after they launched with the slower shipping times.

The Black Cherry Merlot and Champagne Toast were the same, lovely scents they are.  The Whipped Vanilla Chiffon may smell okay when sprayed on a piece of paper but on me...Yuck.  I don't even know what to call it on me except Yuck.  It doesn't agree with my chemistry at all and while it has somewhat of a familiar smell to it, to me...I can't figure out why it is included.

Fresh Cut Lilacs...is Beautiful...and spot on Lilac scent...in the bottle...and again not on me.  Ugh.  Which makes me sad because it is a lovely fragrance.

 While checking out secondary sales sites I found a fragrance called Blooming Garden and I immediately recognized the packaging as Bold Blooms.  I ordered it to see what fragrance it may have been thinking that it must have been a tested scent that failed to launch with the others.  The Body Lotion and Body Cream were the only two forms available and I received them in two days.
The scent notes on Blooming Garden were: fresh-picked poppy, spring waters, and sky blue amber.  It's not a bad scent,...and took some getting accustomed to...but it reminds me of something we have had before.  It's not a fragrance I would try on in a store and then buy as aquatic scents aren't my thing but now it is part of my collection as I try to figure out what it really is.

Our stores have not yet opened so there has been no Semi-Annual Sale shopping here for me, but I am following many on social media who are posting their finds.  I have been sent a few photos recently and along with the online add of the Blooming Garden Body Cream, some stores started to add that item to their shelves for the sale ( with some having it at regular pricing ).  So I thought yes, great...it was a tested scent and perhaps other forms of it will show up too.

Back on June 9th, a friend @rockgirlmaxim84 sent me a photo of her store's shelf with the Bold Blooms Collection on it.  I, I can't even explain how I missed seeing the share...or the photo...or what was on the photo.  It wasn't even the day I went to the eye doctor and was dilated for hours...haha, so I have no excuse how I missed sharing it...but I did.


And the reason I mention that is because I was asked yesterday did I know anything about the scent Hello Beautiful being in the Bold Blooms Collection packaging.  Hmmm, no. I don't think so.
So my friend @taylorgrewe_ sent me a photo of her SAS purchase and sure enough...there is a Fine Fragrance Mist in the Hello Beautiful scent with Bold Blooms packaging.  

 
Interestingly enough, she was kind enough to show me it next to the Black Cherry Merlot packaging...and they were the same.  Which also happens a lot.  Maybe they try to find the best scent for the packaging they are going to use.

I shared Taylor's photo and Jenn mentions that she shared a pic with me earlier in the month and that scent was on it...in a Body Cream!!! Oh, no...so I look at the message sent and photo and sure enough...both body creams were there.

Then friend @tiffanypena16 comments she has the Hello Beautiful in the Bold Blooms packaging in a Shower Gel!!! and she sent her photo to be shared.  I really love this community!!!

This leads me to think that somewhere, at sometime before the stores closed and the Mother's Day Collection came out, this collection had some other scents and forms made to possibly go with it. 

And that is the type of thing that makes me enjoy archiving this brand as much as I do.  We see new collections of products come out every month and in a few months from now, or years when someone finds one of these random scents for sale somewhere and inquires where it came from...it will be written down to answer that question.

As always, huge thanks to all who help me see those things that I may never get in my area to know about.  Your help is appreciated.

Bold Blooms Collection:
Available in:
Fine Fragrance Mist
Super Smooth Body Lotion
Shower Gel
Ultra Shea Body Cream
Travel Size
Hand Cream
Pocketbac
  • Black Cherry Merlot - dark cherry, black raspberry, sumptuous merlot
  • Champagne Toast - bubbly champagne, sparkling berries, juicy tangerines
  • Fresh Cut Lilacs - lilac bouquets, dewy greens, soft spring air
  • Whipped Vanilla Chiffon - wild vanilla bean, spun sugar, white peach blossom
 *Also Tested -
    • Hello Beautiful - White blooms and sunshine - say hello to beautiful spring!  White Gardenia, Jasmine Petals, and Magnolia Blossom.
    • Blooming Garden - Enjoy Spring's fresh florals just picked in the morning dew.  Fresh-picked Poppy, Spring Waters, and Sky Blue Amber.