Bath & Body Works | New Patisserie { Bake Shop } Body Care Collection - Thoughts and Reviews

It took a while for me to get this Patisserie Body Care Collection to try with the mail situation being what it is currently, but they are here and I wanted to say a few things about them after mentioning they were a thing back on December 10th of 2020.  


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please note I purchased all of these (plus $16.00 shipping) myself, as I do everything, and nothing was sent to me for free to talk about. 

With a great fondness for Bake Shop collections since the first one hit the scene years ago,  I am always hopeful that each new one brought forth will be much better than the last.

I mean, just give us the ORIGINAL scents from the Tutti Dolci European Bakery theme and we will stop complaining.  As least for a little while.  

In case you forgot what they were, here are a few names: Angel Food Cake, Chocolate Fondue, Cinnamon Frosting, Creme Brulee, Lemon Meringue, Sugar Wafer, Mango Sorbetto, Raspberry Granita, Pineapple Chiffon, Apple Torta, Tiramisu Venezia, Amaretti, and Fantasia di Ciocclata. 

Ah, the good ole days.

Here are thoughts on the Patisserie Scents:






 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Product Information:

Patisserie Body Care Collection:

Let the aroma of an indulgent sweet treat take you away to the Bake Shop of your dreams!

  • Chocolate Covered Cherry - rich milk chocolate, red cherries, sweet liqueur
  • Coconut Cream Pie - toasted coconut flakes, caramel custard, golden pie crust
  • Raspberry Jam Donut - wild raspberry jam, powdered sugar, warm fluffy donut
  • Strawberry Pound Cake - fresh strawberries, golden shortcake, whipped cream

It looks like there are a few extra forms in the Strawberry Pound Cake fragrance, and maybe just the four basic forms in the other three.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Available In:

  • Fine Fragrance Mist
  • Shower Gel
  • Body Lotion
  • Body Cream
  • Moisturizing Body Wash
  • Whipped Body Foam (Fizz?)
  • Travel Sizes 
  • Lip Gloss - Strawberry Pound Cake, Coconut Cream Pie
  • Exfoliating Lip Scrub - Strawberry Pound Cake
  • Hand Cream - Strawberry Pound Cake  

 

Release Date:  Some stores have filled in their emptying Semi-Annual Sale shelves with new body care collections, such as the Patisserie {Bake Shop}, Hibiscus Paradise, Men's Clean Slate, and the refreshed look of Hello Beautiful.

I thought originally these would not release online and in stores either the week of January 11th, or the week of January 18th when the Semi-Annual Sale would be ending. 

With not going into stores for a month now, I can't tell how much Semi-Annual Sale stock is left and what new is out...or even if this collection is on the shelves here.  I am hoping for some reduction in the virus numbers in my county when I can feel more comfortable in going into the mall to sneak a peek.  Soon I think...or hope.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Packaging: The bottles for the lotion are the version with the smaller lid, (like the Frosted Fable Body Care Collection we had at holiday) and colored according to the scent in the bottle.

Labels: Gold metallic trimmed labels with gold metallic flecks throughout.  Each label has a bakery themed icon representing each scent and clip art style graphics as a background.  The labels are eh, okay, but certainly not as good as they could have been.

I like PHOTO labels.  How can you go wrong with photos of baked goods. Psst.  B&BW, go look at Pinterest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Favorites - based off of testing with body lotions

Raspberry Jam Donut - 1.  it is NOT Santa's Blueberry Shortbread.  I've compared it to my fragrance mist and they're very different on initial application and dry down.

My advice is to try a bottle of this lotion or body cream...( I can't speak for the difference that happens with a fragrance mist) because you are going to LOVE it.  In the bottle it is a sweet delicious bakery  note with a raspberry fruitiness.  I expect this one to sell out first. (smells familiar)

 

Chocolate Covered Cherry - 2.  This is unexpected, and different and in the bottle it IS chocolate covered cherries; the syrup inside the cherry when you first bite into it and you can smell it...that dries down to a perfume like scent...on me. The cherry liqueur smell.  More Cherry than Chocolate.

I will get the fragrance mist in this scent to see how it translates compared to the lotion and possibly the shower gel. Not a stock up worthy scent for me, but one that I will enjoy using.  And when you try it, let me know if it is familiar to you.  I keep smelling it and I can't tell currently if it was a hand soap, or a candle, or another body care scent but it smells familiar.

 

Strawberry Pound Cake - 3. We all know what this smells like, and you either like/ love it or not.  This version smells like all of the others and it is only ranked 3rd because the other two seem newer.

 

Coconut Cream Pie - 4.  I don't care for this one at all.  Because it changes for the worst on me.  It is not Frosted Coconut Snowball.  That is the only coconut scent I have left that I didn't yet destash and it is not even close to it.  It has a lighter scent in the bottle, and a warmer, creamier caramel scent.  I think that's what makes it change on me.  I don't know if on a blind scent test I would say, to me, this is coconut cream pie.

On dry-down, on me it became a very familiar scent (that I can't wear), so I will check my other fragrances to see if I have a match. { could it be Golden Honey Praline??? or a Fall scent, it smells a bit spicy}  I would recommend trying this because it may smell delicious on you if you love warm creamy gourmand fragrances.  I do plan on getting the shower gel in this scent to give it a try.  Sometimes they are better.

 

You may say after you read this, well that wasn't helpful...ha ha...but please know, fragrances are very PERSONAL to each of us.  I know that some days I love a scent and enjoy wearing it, while other days it may trigger a migraine or not agree with my smelling of it.  If I had to say once scent to grab, try the Raspberry Jam Donut. It smelled great in the bottle, and pretty good on.

I made the decision this past year to NOT grab each and every scent that comes out to have a HUGE COLLECTION to do reviews with and to say I have "this much" body care. 

Trust me, I had a HUGE collection that I didn't need to have, and now others are enjoying it as I sell through the rest. 

2020 brought with it great changes for many of us it would seem and my de-stashing, like many of you, is more of a doing more, with less...rather than I can't stand this brand anymore let me get rid of it.


One change I HOPE B&BW would do for us, for its scents is add more truer scent notes to the bottles or the website.  While it's all so cutesy with these romantic notions scent notes and you don't want your competitors to figure out what your putting in what... fresh sheets on the line or cupids kiss aren't real enough for some of us as a fragrance note.

What if cupid doesn't have chocolate on his breath and his kiss smells like garlic?  Hmmm.  And every time I have sheets on the line they smell like fresh linen with bird poo.  ;)

So that is my two scents on these scents.  And as I use them if more depth of scent is revealed or what it is a repackage of is found out, I will surely post something.  Thanks for stopping by.