Bath & Body Works - Things I Wish I Never Bought - Metal Hand Soap Sleeves

This post is for the Bath and Body Works...

Things I wish I never bought.

I don't have to tell you, y'all know yourselves. You may have that closet shelf, Rubbermaid tote, or cardboard box tucked away with the "things" you HAD TO HAVE for whatever the reason was at the time...and now, when you clean and organize and see it all,  you stare at that stuff with disdain.   Oh, wait, that may just be me.  I will post all of these things I find as I am thinning out on Mercari along with my thoughts.

Today's item:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bath and Body Works - Metal Hand Soap Holders 

I don't understand why I fell into the Hand Soap Sleeves Collection Coma, but I was in it...lock, stock, and barrel.  Common sense be damned, Metal and Water can work...right?

Nope.

Problem number one, for me was...they kept changing the size and style of the bottles of hand soap.  So you go and load up on soaps, and a few metal sleeves...and in a bit you notice the bottle design evolved and your stock of bottles will no longer work.

For a small window of time, they would let you trade out two sleeves if you knew about it.  Local stores did not want to honor that, so you buy more sleeves.  And the vicious cycle happens again, and the bottle design changes and more, new sleeves need to be bought.

It took some time for them to figure out - DON'T Include the Top Part !!!   Then you get metal half sleeves...and a few ceramic sleeves.

Problem number two is...the metal rusted.  All over my white sink downstairs in the kitchen and upstairs in the bathroom.  A metal rust mark outline that would not scour off.

My store management at the time said to me when I mentioned what happened to mine, the customers were all complaining and Customer Service said to get Boat Sealer...( insert eye roll because that is what I did when she straight faced told me ) or clear nail polish and paint the ends of the metal that touched the sink...and reapply when it comes off.

Um....ya, nope.  I do not want to have to put a plate or some kind of dish under my soap holder - and I am not going to be sealing anything.  So they sit as a monument to my stupidity in buying anything metal that is to be used next to water and will get very wet.

I didn't use most of these holders... I used the Dragonfly holder and look at the metal rusted inside in a short period of time.  I gave up on them and keep only the bottles on the sinks.

Super cute home decor items still with tags...wasted for me.

The photo below shows the tops of the hand soap sleeves with the various cutouts for the ever-changing pumps.  What is funny is that I still probably have new hand soaps that will fit these.  When I started the pandemic I think my hand soap count was at 651 assorted bottles from Bath and Body Works.  I have been enjoying using them all of these months with at least three choices of fragrance on the sinks.  The oldest I started at was the 2014 collections and every one smelled perfect, suds up better than the soaps out now, and were a great trip down memory lane.

The Dragonfly Holder and the Flower Holder could still be used for soaps, but also battery operated tealight candles or real tealight size candles.  The others would need soaps to go with them.  

These will be part of the thinning.

And I am not in a hurry to get any kind of hand soap holders for the sinks anymore.  I did grab the Polar Bear with crown ceramic piece as it was adorable and I had so many ideas for it, and I was in that Holiday Coma during a pandemic mode when I grabbed it...but I returned it the next day after thinking about the water getting all over the glittered outside, the size of it was too huge for the sink, ...and the photos on Facebook of others who had the white glittered items before that yellowed over a few months.

Cute labels are enough for the soaps on my sink.  What about you?