Bath & Body Works | Paper Bag Shortages and Select Stores Use of Poly Bags

​You may notice at Select Bath and Body Works stores when you check out that those stores will be using the "poly bags" to bag up our purchases.  They will have them in three different sizes to accommodate anything we buy... So expect to see candles in those, which will be interesting.  There seems to be a paper bag shortage happening so they are saving those for PEAK sales and using the poly bags for everyday use.

 


 

From what I know it will not be all stores, yet, and we could see the return of the blue mesh bags for holding our choices before checkout.  Honestly, I am good if they never bring the blue mesh bags back...I prefer a paper bag for the size of my purchase and I am out the door.  I was HOPING we would see a cute Halloween paper shopper bag for fall but I understand with the way things are going lately, pretty printed bags are the least of the worries.  I have plenty of canvas reusable bags and totes I can bring for my purchases.

I only make note of the poly bag change because in a week, people may start noticing the change and wonder what is happening...and I like to keep track of not only the big things, but the small things too.

Edited to add: Totes and Mesh Bags will return 8/9/21 - States that DO NOT allow plastic and have laws to reduce plastic usage will STAY with paper bags.  -  I was told that the situation is because a glue factory in Texas that was affected by bad weather earlier this year is still not up to 100% to make the bag handles.  Whatever the situation, we will see three sizes of poly bags and for candle purchases, a crate can be added to the largest.