Bath & Body Works | Fall Preview 2022 - Release Of Poppy, Best Of Fall, And In The Meadow Body Care Collections

Bath and Body Works released its Poppy Collection (along with a few others) online and in stores today!  While running errands, I stopped in to see if any new pocketbacs released yet too...and since there were none, I made a photo list of what I will want when they go on sale and I left.


 

There were a few 75% off tables with great products...just none I was interested in.  And this SAS was the first I shopped that I did not find a lotion oozed out all over everything!!!

A woman was returning some online candles she ordered, and did not like the scent of.  No receipt...and the girls did ask her if she wanted them to look up her online order for pricing and she declined. (That is a great service...I always have my receipts but that is sure helpful if you don't)

The lower shelf at the cash wrap had a few prior returned lower spring.summer candles - so she was told she could pick exchanges only from those few....she did and after the exchange was complete they put her exchanges on that shelf. 

I have a few thoughts on all of what I heard.

RETURN POLICY UPDATE

  • If the changes to the return/exchange policy begins on September 14th...and we are still in July... why was she only permitted to chose from the handful that someone else returned.  I say that because my store never had reduced priced candles for sale.  I would have asked for a refund.
  • Will EVERY single store follow the EXACT policy that the company wants???.  They don't now.  Social media is showing us TONS of examples of stores accepting returns one way - as per the manager - and others doing it another way.  
  • I am guessing it's bye bye to the "Buy it Now, and exchange it later for the scent you like" suggestions from Sales Associates hoping for sales to meet goals - while trying to sell off  Fragrance boxes and other Purchase with Purchase items.
  • Those who have purchased hundreds of candles / Body Care...etc. to return for the newest theme scents ????  Some are bragging already that they will get what they want as their store loves them regardless of the policy.  While someone who was excited to get sale candles online and didn't love the scent could not get what they wanted...whatever it was.
  • I think some of the return issues do come down to pressure on the stores to produce a certain sales goal amounts, and these returns will take away from making those goals.  In some of the stores I shopped that have closed I was told that very thing, and I read it now on social media that very same thing still happening.
  • Don't get me wrong...all of the shadiness that goes on with glitch sales and buying up clearance items that the company wants to CLEAR OUT...only to receive them back--- with returns in mind  sucks and causes some of the huge increases we are seeing.  So it’s something that had to be done.  I hope that it will be done in all stores, the same way.