Life Writing's | My Sister

 

I slept last night. 
All through the night - the first time since November when my heartbreak began. 
 
There were no late night calls with decisions to be made. 
 
There wasn’t the continuous thoughts running through my head of  “what’s next.” 
 
I closed my eyes with my heart content and without worry. 
 
My sisters puppies found their forever home. 
 
The who and where were long determined it would seem by the way the pieces came together. The puppies knew. They knew these were their people by the way they reacted when they met them. 
 
Lou and I stood with tears - both happy and sad - as they left. Then only happy ones as we watched in photos and videos of their first night of forever. 
 
I cannot thank everyone enough for their prayers and kindness over these past few months to get us here. Truly, my family could not have navigated without them. And continued blessings and love to the wonderful family who have extended their family by two.
XO