Bath & Body Works | Candle Days 2022 Recap - What's Still To Come


Bath and Body Works two days of ——Candles…...Candles...Candles....is slowly coming to a close and if you were part of the wax party and scored what you wanted, Congrats!!!  

Candle Day and visiting the local greenhouse here to see Reindeer are always a favorite way to spend my Birthday Weekend and even today's rain did not dampen my spirits. 

My LIST of Candle Day candles shared pretty much all of the candles that we were to see in stores these two days with a few collections at the end that are set to come out tomorrow to replenish the barren shelves and tables (if the stores got them in that is).  Some stores may have set everything so if you lived in certain areas that did, you could have gotten them on sale too.  My store got the blueberry marshmallow bar late this afternoon and it got grabbed up quickly.  

I did not go to the store yesterday and I really wasn't planning on going today... but I ended up going twice.

On Thursday night I did go online at 7:30 PM right before the que line started and in no time it kicked me out until 8:34PM.  I passed on buying anything.  There really wasn't any big draw to the candles for me...now or through out the year.  I have a collection I want to thin out and enjoy, and the thoughts of grabbing candles just because they are on sale like I have in the past is how I got such a large cabinet full.  I want to change all of those practices so I am being more careful with my purchases. Especially if some stores start "doing it as we say" interpretation of a return policy on candles you could want to exchange.  No exchanging for me.  

Yesterday, my aunt waited online for two hours to order four Fresh Balsam candles only to get booted when she tried to check out.  After a failed call to customer service to order them that way because the man taking the order could not do it, I convinced her to just come to town and grab them.  She did - without the App or coupons and was happy to have four of her favorite scent.

Today, when I heard the reindeer were at the greenhouse, I decided to go see them and then visit the mall afterwards.  Bath and Body Works was packed with people loading their blue checked bags, and arms with candles and I made my way through the crowd to see if there was anything I wanted.  I saw the hibernation station collection and passed. Nice labels, but with not smelling anything it isn't as fun.

Making my way to the other tables I didn't see anything of interest except the strawberry snowflakes candle  -  and found my aunt loading another bag full with candles and wallflowers.  She came back to town to grab the Santa Luminary Globe and ended up spending $150+. I grabbed the strawberry snowflakes candle, one pocketbac, and used my free body care item coupon on a Forever Red FFM.

Later this afternoon a friend let me know the blueberry marshmallow bar candle was out so before dinner. back to the mall I went.  The store was even more crowed than earlier and the tables were being set with gift sets to fill in the emptiness of candles sold down.  I grabbed the last blueberry candle without knowing what it smelled like until I got home.  (masked in store)  I am still figuring out if I am going to love it by smelling it on cold.  I may just read reviews of what others think of it...first.

My "big" Candle Day haul for 2022 was two candles.  I paid $9.95 each plus tax...no coupon discount, and got a free fragrance mist.  It was a good day!

Now I am off to read social media on how others did...I hope you all had a good day as well!