Department: Beauty | L'oreal La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2 Review

March 28, 2015

 
 
Yesterday I shared my newest find, the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 and Nude 2 eye shadow collection, found in my Wegmans grocery store.  Everywhere you look you find the cardboard place holders reminding you that it is coming...at least around here...and the only place I actually found them were the ULTA beauty store and a grocery store.
 
When I saw that beautiful display of both the lip and nail products along with these eye shadows, I knew I better get it or I would regret it.  I did have $16.00 worth of rewards expiring on Monday from CVS so I was hoping I would find them there to save a bit. But they didn't have them in yet.  And sometimes Rite Aid drug stores offer L'Oreal products for 40% off....so again, I would need to wait.
 
But after using it today, I am so glad I didn't!!!
 
I used both palettes and blended the colors on eyelids that had a base primer coat of NYX Jumbo Eye Crayon #604milk, a tip I learned from one of my favorite beauty bloggers.  And after a long day, my eyes are still perfect!  I was really surprised. With a lot of products, and wearing a base coat of primer, by mid day I am crease filled and the color is mostly gone.
 
I have been an avid beauty product user since I was a teen and I have tried very expensive products and very inexpensive products.  The adage that you get what you pay for, most times, is true. 
 
These palettes really are worth every penny.  And I think they are a perfect starting point for anyone just starting out wearing eye shadow and those of us well established. I love that the colors are all complimentary to each other and there are mattes and shimmers alike included.
 
I would suggest investing in a good applicator.  These do come with  mirror inside the lid an a dual ended applicator...but I prefer a sturdier feel applicator when I am blending. That's just me.
The back of the palette offers four looks that are numbered to help you achieve each look easily.
As  I try each I will update this post.
"Eye" hope you enjoy yours as much as "eye" am.  ;)