Bath and Body Works | New Summer Fruit Body Care Collection Review | Pretty as a Peach, Pink Watermelon, Raspberry Tangerine

Bath and Body Works New Summer-time Fruit Body Care Collection could be coming out, I am hearing, as a Semi-Annual Sale Collection.

How this sale is going to work this year with all that is going on currently with closed stores re-opening and safety protocols currently testing in stores that have opened is not yet known to me, so I imagine we will be seeing these online, if not in stores.



There are at least four scents in this collection and I have seen a Body Lotion, Body Cream, and Shower Gel for those.  I am unsure of a Fragrance Mist as part of the collection.

These are the scents and notes:
  • Pink Watermelon - Juicy Watermelon, Pink petals, Dewy Aloe
  • Pretty as a Peach - Blushing Peach, Jasmine Petals, White Nectarine, Apple Blossom, Sheer Freesia  
  • Raspberry Tangerine - Wild Raspberry, Fresh Tangerine, Lemon Zest
  • Sunwashed Citrus - Sugared Lemons, Mandarin, Agave Nectar
I have the Raspberry Tangerine, Pink Watermelon, and Pretty as a Peach scents here to try.

I forgot to mention on my other reviews, I did purchase all of these on the secondary market to review before they release.
Here are a few thoughts on each of these, and hopefully I will get the Sunwashed Citrus to try as well.

The Labels.

They are cutesy - what you would expect for a summertime filler.  Bright Colors: Hot Pink, Orange, Green, Yellow...to match the fruits they represent.

The label on the lotions have that summer-time feel of hombre colors and raised motifs -  seeds on the Pink Watermelon label, Tangerines, and Raspberries on the Raspberry Tangerine label, and what looks like seeds on the Pretty as a Peach.

Peaches have pits so why seeds...???

The Sunwashed Citrus has a blown-up look at the center of a lemon on its Body Lotion label.  I like the packaging on the Body Creams better because they are more detailed and colorful.  For the scents I prefer, I will get Body Creams instead of the Body Lotion.

The Pretty as a Peach scent is one we have seen before and I like the softness of this peach fragrance.  I will be purchasing the Body Cream in this scent.

Raspberry Tangerine (with raspberry extract) for me is a winner.  It is a fresh, raspberry burst of fragrance right out of the tube that mellows down but not out of scent because of the sweetness and citrus of the tangerine that comes alive next.  This could be a fragrance we have had before, but I can't think of which it is now tonight.  I will be wearing this tomorrow to get more of a feel for it.  Fingers crossed for Fragrance Mists!

Pink Watermelon.  You perplex me.

Watermelon, for my liking, is a hard scent to replicate because I think it's such a watery note scent that any time they try to add the depth of the fruit itself, we only end up with the rind smell.

Melon.

This doesn't remind me of Watermelon Lemonade.  At first sniff, I thought of Jolly Ranchers Watermelon candy...but it changes and I am picking up a floral note, not heavy floral...melon-y.  It's okay.

I won't say don't buy it...I am just picky about watermelon smells.  I may buy the body cream in it...and a mist...maybe.  This one doesn't have me gaga over it yet, so I will try it out more and update this posting.  And that is the hard part about buying a fragrance online when there isn't a complete reveal about all of the scent notes.

For me, these kinds of scents are the "fun" sort of fragrances that I will wear in the summer...maybe during the day and after a shower at night. Kind of how I feel about Hot Cocoa and Cream.

It's not a serious fragrance that you scent yourself with...for work or a dinner out. I think of serious fragrances as those that you scent yourself for others.  Fun fragrances are those that you sent yourself for you.
     
I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts on how this fragrance was for you!