Bath & Body Works | Annual Candle Day(s) Sale - December 3rd and December 4th Wrap Up

Bath and Body Works Candle Day(s) are winding down tonight and goodness, it has been a fun few days!



I have been sharing information about this years Candle Day(s) Sale happening on Friday and Saturday for months now, and wow, how fast that time flew by and the sale has come and gone this past Friday and today.  Two days this year for in-store purchasing, and two times...Thursday, December 2nd for Reward App Members to shop early at 9pm online, and Friday, December 3rd all day online (while supplies last) for everyone else.

Before they launched the Rewards App sale on Thursday night, Bath and Body Works launched their queue waiting room line which locked down the site from view and assigned anyone wishing to enter a  wait time before they can shop.

I wasn't able to shop the candles then, but I wanted to update my candle blog posts with scent notes, and I couldn't gain access before my allotted time.  That was a bit annoying when you weren't planning on shopping but wanted a look-see at the site.  That queue continued all day Friday, when again in the morning before I hit the mall, I wanted to see what wallflowers were on site.

Again, another hour wait if I wanted to see anything.  I was glad when the candles sold out early in the day releasing the site from the waiting room.

I am sure it was disappointing to some who wanted to grab other candle collections after waiting for any time in queue only to find the same candle collections with nothing new added.

There were many collections coming, on Candle Day(s) and after and while some stores put it all out, many held back collections that were slated to release for the days that follow the candle sale, and Semi-Annual Sale.  

Not wanting to go into the mall on both days, I did end up shopping yesterday and today at the mall with the hopes of grabbing the few candles I wanted.

I grabbed four candles on Thursday and used my $10 off of $40 coupon and I grabbed another four today, plus a lip gloss without a coupon.  It would have been easy to grab so many more that were tempting me...namely all of the Botanical Collection, and the Sanctuary Ceramic Collection if they were out.

That ceramic look label collection was slated for SAS so I am not sure if every store put any out.  

Semi-Annual Sale...goodness that will be here quickly too.  It wasn't so long ago I was excited to see what Fall and Halloween would bring after the mid-year SAS...then Holiday...and here we are at the precipice of a new year of fragrance.  

My store was stacked full of beautiful colored jars of wax everywhere you looked, with varying scents and seasons.  Many in the store at the same time as I was asked for Merry Mistletoe and Hot Cocoa and Cream while walking past the spring scents table.  There were plenty of holiday scents to choose from...just not those two.

I didn't smell the candles in store, but the car was surely scented all of the way home.  I placed the candles in two rows to photograph and noticed the varying fill levels in a few of them.

This year has been "interesting" in the quality of the presentation of the candles I have purchased.  From lower wax levels to outright messy fills and sunken in tops...the wax presentation puts the fish lids situation to the back burner.   I know the wicks will be lit, and the wax melted...but for me, part of the gift giving of a candle is how it is presented when the lid is lifted. Quality control, even in times of manpower shortages, should always be an important factor in the production of a product with a regular price tag of $25.50/$26.50.   I cannot speak to the reason so many imperfections are released, but this years candles made me notice them much more.

Low levels of wax in the jars from one scent to another?  Not Cool.  And the lids are different on the Merry Maple Pancakes from the others in this collection.  I will share better pictures tomorrow as the room is too dark now, but you can see the lower level on Raspberry Mimosa.


All of the photos I snapped in store will be added to the next post...and I hope that your Candle Day experience was a great one and that you enjoy all of the candles you were able to buy from this sale.