Bath & Body Works | Thoughts and Reviews | Artisan Collection and Fall

August 6, 2014

I thought I would jot down a few thoughts on some of the new items I grabbed at the latest floor set.

The first items are the Smart Soap refills in the four new fall hand soap fragrances.
 

I think I just grabbed the three of them because they were new and fall.  Priced at 3 for $18.00 I really need to stop doing that.
I should have tried them all at the sink and saved the money for Holiday.
 
This morning I tried all three (I didn't purchase the crisp morning air) and I am not noticing any great fall-like scent.  I tried each of them twice and the scents to me are faint.  When I use hand soap from the bottle, I can smell fragrance, sometimes even after my hands are dried.  With these, not so much, which is disappointing.  I plan on keeping them and I can share them with my brother and sisters who are also getting Smart Soap machines as gifts.  I won't be rebuying these fragrances.  Which is a bit disappointing as I love Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and hoped it was nice.

Currently, I am using the Kitchen Lemon refill in my Smart Soap machine and I really like it and I hope the holiday scents coming for this machine are better than these fall scents.

The next items are the new bottled Hand soaps in the Deep Cleansing formula.

*We Love Fall Collection Hand Soaps*

❥cozy vanilla cream

The homemade goodness of whipped frosting, sweet cream and vanilla bean

Your typical vanilla bean, creamy, yummy scent.  I really like this one.

❥crisp morning air

The outdoor freshness of mountain pine, white juniper and a hint of pear.

It wasn't online the day I ordered these but I have smelled it in the store and it reminds me of Montana mountain air from last year.... and smells nice and I will get it in the store.

❥sweet cinnamon pumpkin

The irresistible treat of warm pumpkin, cinnamon stick and brown sugar

Same as it always is...maybe a hair lighter in scent from years past...I will have to check the cabinet of my stock for comparison,  but it is SCP through and through.


❥a walk in the woods

A crisp walk through golden leaves, red rosewood and cool bergamot.

I wasn't sure I would like this fragrance and it turned out I love it. I will buy more of this.

❥golden autumn citrus

Autumn sunlight kissed with sparkling citrus. verbena leaves and juicy nectarine.

Definitely citrus is the first note.... tart, then sweet fruity.  Perfect for a kitchen.
 
❥weekend apple picking

A blend of juicy, red apples, maple-kissed air, warm woods

I found this a bit more floral than apples.


❥fall cranberry harvest

Tart cranberry, mulberry citrus, crisp orchard air.

A lighter cranberry scent but definitely one we are familiar with. Very nice.
     

 
---------------

The next group of hand soaps are:

*Artisan Market Simple Fresh Good Hand Soap*

Deep Cleansing:

•Brown Sugar and Carrots
A gourmet treat of glazed carrots warmly scented with vanilla and cinnamon
 
Definitely a bakery note fragrance with hints of cinnamon, reminded me of a carrot cake.  A definite re-purchase.


•Sweet Plum and Verbena
A sweet medley of Mirabelle plum, watery verbena and fig leaf
 
Eh...typical scent to me, and not a re-purchase.

•Gingered Peach
A juicy indulgence of ripe peach, persimmon and a pinch of ginger spice
 
Deliciously different than all of the other peach scents around and one worth trying.


•Pear Wood Cider
A robust fall refreshment of Bartlett pear, golden apricot cider and oak brandy
 
I smell the apricots and the warmth of a wood.  Its nice...and different.
 

•Honeyed Nectarines
Nectarines, lemon zest and honey celebrate the golden sweetness of fall
 
I try not to look at the notes in the bottles before I smell each and my first thought when I smelled this was: lemon is in this?  But not strong lemon...its the last note after the sweet warmth of honeyed nectarines.  Very nice scent.

I did purchase the matching hand sanitizers where available in all of the soaps and my favorite of the sanitizers was the brown sugared carrots.....sooo yummy....for an alcohol based item.
    
--------

Artisan Signature Fragrances are next:
❥Peach & Honey Almond
An irresistible blend of summer peaches, mimosa flowers and honeyed almonds, wrapped in creamy vanilla and clementine.

❥Lemon Pomegranate Cream
A light as air blend of lemon crème, red pomegranates and iced raspberries, topped with white woods and peony petals.

❥Apple Blossom & Lavender
A hand picked bouquet of apple blossoms, fresh cut lavender and jasmine petals dotted with passion fruit and sparkling quince.
----------
The packaging on the new Artisan line is creatively eye catching. You see it first from a distance and want a closer look.  Both the full sized products as well as the travel sizes.  More so the travel I think because of the amount of detail used on a smaller area to work with...then add in the black caps and you have the full effect of the market look and something uniquely different for the minis.

Definitely a perfect line for gifting...

My store was offering the travel sized products on sale: 3 for $10.00 and the online site had a three pack of lotions for $6.00.   With the current coupon out you can grab three travel sized products and get a full sized signature Body lotion, shower gel, or triple moisture cream for free. Don't forget your coupons!!!   And this floor set bounce back is worth ten off of a thirty dollar purchase.





The scents themselves area all lovely in their own right { and to me two smell a bit familiar } but I would have to say my favorite is the Lemon Pomegranate Cream.

This Lemon is like a cream-cicle lemon...fresh and fruity with a perfect blending of sugary cream to not make it smell fake but rather rich.  No one wants to smell like a can of furniture polish and sometimes citrus {lemon} scents tend to smell that way as body care.  Definitely not here. This is a stock up fragrance.

The Apple Lavender is a nice fruity floral that melts into your skin and is not overpowering as a fragrance.... It does remind me of something else we have had before...and is definitely worth a try.

And the Peach Honey Almond smells more honey and almond with a hint of peach to me than some strong fruity smell. Which is perfect for everyday.



This line is currently offering a milled Shea butter bar soap and they were also on a sale price of $5.00.  The regular price was $7.50.  The bar soap on sale was excluded from the current sale of buy 3 get 3 free pricing.

I bought two bars to try it, the peach and the lemon and tried the lemon first.  The bar texture is that of a hard soap and the  scent when using it is very light with a bit of a creamy feel and some bubbles but nothing like a shower gel would make.
 My skin was soft afterward and I didn't feel a layer of residue from the bar of soap which was something I was concerned about.

For myself, I prefer a stronger scent that a shower gel offers and the mass amount of bubbles I get. For the price, I would pick a shower gel....but esthetically you cannot go wrong with that packaging of the bar soap.

The line is available in these forms:
•Fine Fragrance Mist
•Shea and Vitamin E Shower Gel
•Shea and Vitamin E Body Lotion
•Body Scrub
•Triple Moisture Body Cream
•Shea Butter Milled Soap
•Travel Sizes

And I would recommend trying any and all.