Bath & Body Works | Response on Coupons Changes

I have been getting a bunch of messages regarding the earlier posting of the Rewards/Offers changes...so I added the notice from where the info came from to show the truth of the info for all of those negative people who wrote me that I made it up.  

When the app launched, and I saw that my reward account number was now on my mailer coupons and mentioned as much -- I got the poo-poo messages....until people looked and saw their account number was on their mailer coupons too. 

Usually, pre-app, I got a coupon mailer in my name...unless hubby used his swipe card and shopped, and then I got one in his.  Some months, only one coupon booklet came...and for Mother's Day PWP, and Semi-Annual Sale issuance, I never got a coupon.  Weird.

Are the coupons established by our home phone number?  Our mailing address?  Both?  I think it's the home phone number that has been requested a billion times at checkout over the decades of shopping there --- that then used reverse directories to find the mailing address.

When the App went live, my same home address and phone number is what is linked to it....so there is no surprise as to the mailers now showing the app number on them.

For those who rarely shop at B&BW, and who don't have the rewards app yet, their coupons should still come to them, I would think.  While they still plan on issuing coupons that is. 

Is there an acct. number already tied to their mailing address waiting for them to add the app to their phone to connect it to?  I think so.  

Remember what happened with Bounce Back Store Coupons? People got tons of them to use, stack, share...so much so that they eliminated the use of them until they could come up with a more controlled way to offer savings.

Hence...the App.

If the mailer coupon has your reward account number on it....and you use it - it disappears from your app so there is no second use available.

If you get numerous mailer coupons and you share those extra codes (that are connected to your account) beginning tomorrow, the extra coupons should show as invalid when used.  

If I am figuring this out correctly, the person you shared it with shouldn't be able to swipe their rewards card to get benefits either by a discount on their items, or the accumulation of points to put towards a reward.  Because we all need to use our own codes that match our own account.    

And we shouldn't be able to swipe a coupon that has a rewards number on it, even if we pretend we don't have an rewards account.  You will need proof that the coupon used, belongs to you.

Different set of circumstances now I know.

So much for Black Friday Coupon Stacking...

Remember anytime something is connected to a computer of any kind....nothing is a secret...and honestly, if you got two coupons in your app to use...then that is what they want you to use.  It is their company...only you can decide how you want to spend your money.

Sharing this today was to give you an idea of what tomorrow could bring in store shopping --- so we can't let our frustrations ruin some Sales Associates day....it is not, their fault.



Edit: 11pm

PS and by the way, I really don't care so much about changes to the coupon usage:  If using the paper mailer coupon removes it from my app, then I got a discount once.  If the online code on the paper coupon does or does not work...again, I don't really care.  I spend my money on what I want...as will you.  Why argue about it?

Debating back and forth on the social sites winding everyone up doesn't help ---trying to convince others if what I said is true or not ???  I shared what they shared...and it makes no difference to how the company is going to handle all of these small changes that they are making for their benefit. They see and read your responses and what you plan on doing....such as using someone elses phone number....and in a week, that will get fixed too.

I shared what I saw, so you can be informed...tomorrow when the workers open the whole long posting sent to them that I shared just a tidbit of, they can tell you how they will interpret the changes.  Perhaps like they interpret the new return policy....however they want.