Storage has become an issue due to the expanding collections of Fragrance Purchases. Expansion to outer closets helped.
Lack of product usage can become detrimental to the Fragrance Jungle.
Mass selection and detailed organization in progress.
Archive List, In Progress...
It is something we never seem to learn. We talk about it, pledge to do something about it, and weekly we are seen with bag in hand contributing more to the FRAGRANCE JUNGLE.
It seems over the past six years, I have been fully hip deep into cleaning up lost loved one's lives. Hip Deep. Every year, a new loss, some have been two or more at a time. My Aunt/Godmother most recently has stirred up deeper emotions, of course, as I am grieving her. She too was a lover of all thing's fragrance in her late 80's from a brand we both love....so you can imagine her house full. It's not my responsibility --- but I have been helping on a few things since her passing. I will say this. Attics & Cellars (if you have one or both) are the Jungles of our lives in the end.
An IG posting of such a thought came over my feed today about what you leave behind for loved ones to clear up. My phone must listen to me talking because those are not the sorts of things I search for on social. I already know from the last six years of cleaning up family losses. And it does make me think about the messes I may leave behind. Not just think, do something about. I am not a minimalist.
When I was a kid, my grandmother taught me how to clean -- Start from the top down, Pick a Corner -- and Work around the Room. That was never lost on me, and it is how I have lived my live with work and home. It is shocking to me just what we NEED to fill our spaces with to FILL the VOIDS.
I started taking inventory of my fragrances (as well as everything else). It is shocking and something that I am working on along with everything else a day has in store for me.
OCCUPATIONAL RESEARCH.
I am blessed to have a man who over the past 40 years has not said too much about the things coming and going. EMPTY BOXES to store things in, Bags of Dirt/Mulch, Bottles of Water (our city water - ugh) They got a mention. At Holiday time once I was looking at beautifully decorated hard cardboard boxes in TJMaxx --- The pretty ones for gift giving or using on closet shelves. An older woman saw me checking out the sizes of the few and asked him what's inside of those? He smiled, and said, "Nothing." My wife likes to buy water, dirt, and empty boxes. She shook her head and left.
Now, I just say Occupational Research. And the contents are Classified.π
You will have to excuse me now, time for lunch. Then back to the Jungle. At least this Jungle smells great!
