Bath & Body Works | Candles Pulled From The New Floor Set Shelves



There is nothing worse than seeing some new candle collections set on the floor that you want to buy...but are waiting for the next candle sale to happen...and then finding out a few of the candles have been pulled for a time without an explanation. 

Many stores had set some of these new candles early, for one reason or another, and sellers on Mercari even had them offered well before my store had them.  There were a few I was thinking about when I ventured into my store on Monday but since there wasn't a candle sale happening, I decided to grab a quick pic and move on to the hand soaps instead.

I don't try to smell anything in stores currently with the three layers of masks I wear so I wouldn't have noticed anything off on the select candles that were pulled off for a time until I purchased them and brought them home.  From what I have been told, a few candles had a terrible smell to them...some said a fish-like scent coming from the lid.  Workers posted on social sites that they could smell the scent but they weren't sure what it was about.

Perhaps a concern over the glue holding the rubber gasket in the lid...or the rubber gasket itself became an issue.  Workers, I am told, were instructed in an email that they had to pull those candles from the shelves and hold them until new lids arrive to replace the current lid.  They are also now required to check candles when they come in before setting.  That makes sense.  

Today I was told two additional candle scents were pulled from the shelves for an off wax scent.  Some said a copper, metallic-like scent while others noted a burnt wax odor.

The candles removed three days ago were:

  • Sunshine Mimosa
  • Salted Ocean Air
  • Thank You Mom Champagne Toast
  • Madre All Day Watermelon Lemonade

The candles removed today were:
  • Strawberry Poundcake
  • Endless Weekend​

As I hear more info about the candles, I will post updates.