Bath & Body Works | De-stashing and Examining Wasteful Spending


While continuing on with my de-stashing of extra Bath and Body Works things, both home and body care, I came upon the travel sizes containers holding a treasure trove of fragrance.  These beautifully decorated hard board boxes that kept the years of fragrances neatly organized and clean while waiting for their turn for use were gone through yesterday.  And let me just say...the quantity of new hitting Mercari for sale, and the quantity of new hitting the garbage can varied greatly...with the garbage can getting way too many more.  And I am sickened over it all.

 

 

For me, it's the thought of so much money going to waste.  Travel sizes are a great way to try a scent, and a great way to carry your favorite scents with you.  The trouble with the ever changing scents in stores is when you find those that you LOVE...they may not come back quickly...so you grab a few extras.  Or you just grab the new scents in the travel sizes to try them all.  These are a great way to archive fragrance for referring back when you want to compare one years releases to the current selection.

If the lotions and body creams had a bit longer lasting power before turning into a yucky pile of discolored goo, they would get used up quicker.  The body creams are much worse than the body lotions for sure...and anything with a vanilla base is not going to like being stored away.  They seem to turn dark yellow fast.  And I store my items carefully.

So I went through the boxes, keeping but a few older items for me to use up, while listing some and tossing the rest.  This was the toss pile so far.  

My husband walked past the office as I stood there "shaking" every body cream for that tell-tale slosh noise it makes when it separates into the cottage cheese like mess.  The perplexed look on his face made me giggle...and truth be told that was the only giggle to be had.  

Some of what is here... The Aruba Coconut, Malibu, Capri Seaside Citrus, Rome Honeysuckle Amore, and Paris Amore are the smaller, body lotions that were once offered for $1 to try an upcoming fragrance.  These are the last of those and you can see the Malibu has turned color a bit, of course, because it is older.  Beach Nights is quite the ugly inside both in fragrance and appearance.  And that change happened quickly after purchase with both the full sized body cream and this travel size...and again, something I should have showed the store when it did.

That Vanilla WISH and Apple Fizz is such a nice scent on me...but completely liquid in the tube.  

Of those Amazing Body Cream Tubes, only the Champagne Toast scent is still perfect and usable...so I kept that one.  These two shown...sloshing.

The fall scents make me sad because...well, they are fall scents and we love our fall at Bath and Body Works, right?  

I posted a lot of my travel size Gingham, and Easter, Hot Chocolate and Cream, French Lavender and Honey, and the last of the extras of the Orchard Leaves and Blue Skies. Someone grabbed the 18 piece lot for $18 as soon as I listed it.   There is also a BUNCH load of full sizes on there for sale too. And I will be adding the Aromatherapy extras soon.  It does become impossible to use everything when you have way too many choices.  

Oh...I will share the photos of them soon...but the older style body care bottles for shower gels, like from 2012 and earlier - I have been putting them on the sinks along side the hand soaps and WOW...let me tell you, NONE - NOT ONE of all that I have lost their color or fragrance or quality.  I was using a Twilight Woods, YES!!! TWILIGHT WOODS....and a Rome Honeysuckle Amour, and others, and I noticed how great they are.  Thick, sudsy...delish smelling.  And Suds? Much more that I see with new items now.   There are even Bubble Baths in there!  

I do like my Bath and Body Works...I just need to find a better balance on the liking...and the using up.  And being transparent about it is half of the way to doing so.