✨Fall 2 ✨ New Out 8/13 & 8/24 ✨

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Life Thoughts: 8/22

I returned a few items to the store this morning from the Nightmare collection --- which helped a few of the workers who did not/could not grab anything on release day -- get something from that launch.  


They missed out on getting anything because the supply sent to my store was low...on everything.  And between orders and shoppers, all that remained was a few forms of body care.  

The things returned were the zero and oogie pocketbac holder, and the wallflower house.  I have hundreds of wallflowers that are new with tags and barely used --- all sorted by season in plastic bins not being used --- as my using them has dwindled down to almost nothing now.  They tend to fall out of the sockets in my older home, so I give up.  And I thought why keep a new one when there is de-stashing/trashing to come.  So back the jack house went.

It seems that the Zero Hand Soap Holder was a popular item so much so that it sold out quickly and is currently one of the main things that is searched for and being 3d printed and shown when completed.  Why are you showing them!  I personally didn't have interest in that to buy, and there is no way I would ever 3d print that copywritten item. If you think Disney is tough on leaking info and photos, I am sure doing that is much worse.

I thought about this collab release over the past few days and what would have made it better.  here is what I came up with:

*Put the collab on the front center table at the gate/doors.  


*Make it a big table regardless of the sku quantity.  The tiny half of the rounder table was Ridiculous and not big enough and putting it in the back of the store was equally silly.  Not all stores did that, I know, and look at those videos with the larger table --- people trying to get something / anything like hyenas picking off of a carcass.   So now you can imagine the half of a round table shopping experience.  ๐Ÿ˜


*Make enough product of the items you have seen sell out on prior releases.  HOME DECOR and ACCESSORIES.  Exclusivity is great, but the negativity that is following this release is overshadowing it.


*Product Limits?  I know that the company has already implemented limits of 9 on some items to purchase and for this collab, some were a limit of 5.  The registers were crazy when the collab table was cleared in a matter of 5 minutes, so the managers are happy to sell the items and make their hours/day quotas.  But if your promo for days before a drop of a Candle pedestal (that got everyone excited to get) that you sent only two to a store and tons of people want it ---- ??? --- and it's not there at open???  Unhappy customers for sure and missed sales for a lack of products.  


*The company has to know that its workers want those items too...right?  I read a few posts on social from workers who said they spent hours setting up the collab and they were in the store early that morning of release (not working) at opening to get what they wanted (the pedestal) just when the gate went up before customers came in and they didn't care who knew.  Maybe ask the employees what they wanted to get and make sure there is enough for those who work hard to sell the items and deal with the customers.  Maybe let them get their picks the day before release???   

*Candle Pedestals seem to be one of the most desired products.  When you offer them in collabs and for big holiday/seasonal drops --- make more!


I am hoping that with every new collab release, something not thought of is discovered to make the next experience better.   Will anything about this release be discussed on Wednesday during the 2nd quarter webcast?  I hope so and I look forward to hearing all of the thoughts about it, and what will come out next --- for Holiday 2026!