✨NEW Refreshed Packaging /Labels we could see: Sweetest Song ✨ Door Busters like Blind Bags, Accessories, Advents, OE Fragrances, CC Sampler, Fragrance Samplers ✨ A Bigger, Better Holiday! ✨ Fall 3 ✨ 9/21, 9/28, 10/5 ✨

Saturday, October 3, 2026

Bath & Body Works New Lotion Demo Sales Tactic

I have been reading some conversations on Reddit regarding Bath and Body Works bringing back the old hand massage demo with Body Lotion.

I was not seeing much stated as this is being a positive experience for both sales associates and customers.

My thoughts, not asked for or wanted I am sure, but are these:

If I want to try a product, I will use a tester.  

Don't look for me doing that anytime soon with some of the behaviors I have seen in stores -- and how the testers are used --- never mind having a stranger touching my hand to try to fulfill their companies newest uncomfortable task pushed on them.  

Having an autoimmune condition, I am not wearing a mask in stores during Flu, Cov d, RSV, Common Cold, Measles, and every other airborne germ floating around seasonally --- looking to "Make My Day" for no reason.  I don't like germs, and they, just love me. 

I don't have a kabillion hand sanitizers for the sticker label.  Well, ok, I do but that is beside the point.  

Aside from the obvious I don't know where your hands have been, I don't want that kind of interaction as a store's sales strategy.   Others may like it.  I don't.

Many years ago, it was happening at cash wrap in my store and when I went to pay, the cashier grabbed my hand and applied a squirt of lotion on it to show me how great it smelled and how soft it would make my hands.  Teddy was made to do it as part of his job.  The scent was great, but I could have tried it myself.

After all we have seen, heard, learned, relearned, believed and disbelieved over the past years, I don't want to be demoed on while shopping.  Simple.

And associates should not be made to do it either. 


Thanks For Reading...