Bath and Body Works | Semi Annual Sale | day one purchases

December 26, 2013
 
When the phone rang this morning it turned out to be my SIL and she was calling she said to ask if I needed anything from Bath and Body Works as she was currently standing inside their store during the sale.  Truth be told, most of us could host our own SAS....but I teased her for a bit about not taking me with them and of course they asked if I wanted them to come back and get me.  I declined.
 
She wandered around with the customers mentioning a few things she was seeing and I had asked her if she saw any luminaries.  After explaining what a luminary was, she said no.  After a few more moments talking she hung up and I went back to what I was doing and heard the phone beep from a text.  She shot a picture of the snowman luminary and asked if this is what I was talking about.  I asked her to check on the price and didn't hear anything back.
 
My husband called that he was done for the day and on the way home and wanted to know was there anything I needed out.  I mentioned the B&BW store and the conversation about the luminary and he said he would take me as it was early enough in the day.  {he works very hard starting in the middle of the night}
 
Before he arrived I spoke once more to my brother who explained to me they were standing in line talking to me and when they saw the snowman for $22.25, they jumped on it for me, and they were bringing it to me.
When my husband arrived a minute later he said he would take me up so I can get an idea of what they had in case there was something more I wanted.
 
The mall wasn't very crowded and truth be told I did expect it to be worse. But maybe with waiting until almost 1pm, the rush was over.  Bath and Body Works on the other hand was crazy.  Women, men and children each rumbling through bins of products all from this year...filling bags that you couldn't even find one for yourself.

The 75% off table seems to have the most people around it and the lines were long.  The stores manager was there and her typical bright miserable self.  She said hello to me calling me by name when I arrived, and when I asked her about the new signature items coming....Sun, Sky and Air...she turned her back to me, waved me off saying I don't know what your talking about.  And I will say again....she needs to go. I am not the only one she's like that to....  But on Tuesday when I was in and her Dm was there passing out envelopes to the associates....she greeted me pleasantly wishing me a merry Christmas.  I had to look twice because this is not her normal mo. And yes, I was very tempted to walk over to the DM and her and discuss her screaming at me recently, but I let it go. 
 Granted, she may or may not know what's coming next...{personally I think as a manager she should know EVERYTHING}...but turning your back and talking rudely to a customer is not going to get you kudos. 
So I walked away from Miss Pleasant and looked around seeing pretty much a recap of this years things scattered around the store unorganized.  I found a few items on the 75% off table and then grabbed some oils at half off and proceeded to get into the long line.
 
 
The SA stacking wallflower dual packs told me she was there at 6:30am today to get the tables done.  I guess that's better than going in on Christmas night.
When it was my turn at the register I had my newest coupon in hand and decided to use a gift card I had received from a sweet friend of mine.  I never get BBW gift cards and I said to the guy ringing me out I would like it back and he looks at me and said.... "I can't."
I looked at him and asked why not...I just saw you hand one back to the woman in front of me and he smiled and said....
Because this is a Dunkin Donuts card.
My girlfriend also gave me one of those and in my hurry and not wearing my glasses, I pulled the wrong one out. Opps.
The Dunkin card had a cute snowman on it....
 
I got a new SPRING 20% off bounce back, pictured below and on my FB page
 
and used the newest ten off of thirty I had that expires Jan 1st. 
There were two bouncebacks with the holiday theme on one side. 

One expired on the 24th of December and this one is good until January 1st.  They do honor the three day courtesy on expiration dates but I didn't want to take a chance on issues in store today.