Victorias Secret ~ Limited Edition Holiday ~ Dream of

December 19, 2013

While I was at the mall today I wanted to make sure I spent the last of my secret rewards cards as well as my birthday certificate before they expired tomorrow.  Make sure if you get catalogs a lot from VS that you always check inside the catalog for coupons.  I get them so often and more often than not they are the same coming in both mine and hubby's name (with an occasional one in our daughters still...ugh) that I scoop them all up and toss them.  Then the year before last as I was tossing, I noticed a birthday insert stuck in the front page with a $10.00 amount and a code and serial pin number. Hmm. How many years have I missed out on that I wonder. 

I always get the birthday $10.00 plastic card sent in the mail, but that extra one inside the catalog eluded me...and comes in handy at the holidays.

So with all of my purchases I had received  four plastic reward cards, one birthday card and one paper insert to use.  On my shopping trip a few weeks ago I was able to combine four of the cards into the one purchase making my cost then $4.00.  So today I was after those Dream of lotions, and was almost going to order some online...but hesitated because the dream of kisses was sold out.

I go into the store and this place is crowded!!!!  The signage outside was every panty was half off.  Great.  I certainly don't need any to buy (I will take the free ones I get every month) but with 400+ pairs... I am good.  So I go towards the Fantasies and ugh again... No signage.  I asked the cashier where the Dream of line was and she pointed it out behind me on a separate rack not with the others.

not good.

I asked her about the pricing since they are on sale on line yet there was no sales signs in store.  She said her store has them today half off.  I told her that's not a great deal and she looked perplexed at me and said yes it was.

I was grabbing one off of the shelf and flipped it over to see the PRICE was higher now...than online...$14.00 in store for lotion and $12.00 on line for lotion.  NOT COOL.

I asked her to price check them and sure enough... $7.00 each.  not cool again. I saw on the back counter the bracelet that was in todays email...free with any $75.00 purchase and I started to look around at the other sales to see what I may want.  I saw some fleesc sweatshirts were $25.00 and the makeup was also sale priced.  I had put enough in the bag I was carrying to qualify for the bracelet and over heard one of the SA's telling her manager.... don't be ridiculous, I am not wearing that bracelet.  And another employee volunteered to wear it to show customers.
Limited Time! Free Victoria's Secret Bracelet with $75 Purchase. Use code 75BRACELET. Click for details.
I was standing in line thinking why should I make the purchase enough to get something even an employee didn't want to wear at work.....and I am not thrilled with their upping the price stickers on the lotions and then putting them half off for the day. 
 
I put the makeup back in the display bins and handed the cashier the sweatshirt back and told her I was no longer interested in it....leaving the 5 lotions only now.  She beeped each....tossed them into a bag and put in two pieces of paper as I gave her my two rewards.
 
Tonight, I am sitting here smelling each and it made me laugh.  You know when you smell really great perfume it is distinctive and you know it sight unseen.  Some companies brands don't all smell the same.  But lately I have noticed both with B&BW and VS the scents all start to feel the same like they are more redos.  Almost as if both labs are in the same building on the same floor and each reach for the same vials of scent notes...just a hair different.

That's not to say they are bad...it just made me smile that upon a blind scent test...I would have said either B&BW or VS. 
 
Now, to the scents:
I like them all differently.  And I would use them after a bath/shower for a subtle scent. I am not sure how long they would last without layering the mist or the body cream on until I try them tonight.  I think the line name is perfect for holiday gift giving and the packaging is everything I would expect VS to be. The first one I tried on my hands was the Dream of passion and its really beautifully scented.  Not that I am noticing any substantial hand softening with it, because it isn't...it is just fragrant of cranberries and plums.
 
The Dream of Forever reminds me of gingersnaps...probably because we so want a gingerbread lotion again and with its touch of ginger it reminds us a little like it. 
 
Dream of Glamour has a floral note to me and it mixes well with the vanilla.
 
Dream of Kisses has that sparkling bubbly champagne scent to me with barley a hint of apple.  I love it smelling out of the bottle, I will need to see what it does on.
 
And finally, Dream of Love....well who couldn't love that, just with the name alone. I know frosted pear scents and this is typical and lovely.
I would recommend all of these for an at least one bottle try and even though I wasn't able to get them on the regular Fantasy sale price, I am glad I didn't pass them up.
 
 

VS Fantasies

Dream of Forever Hydrating Body Lotion

The ultimate holiday fantasy—wrap yourself in this warm blend of crystallized ginger and praline. This fast-absorbing body lotion features aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts for skin that feels soft, smooth and touchable. From our limited-edition holiday collection.

TIPS & TRICKS: For longer-lasting fragrance, layer with Dream of Forever Fragrance Mist.
  • Fragrance type: Warm
  • Notes: Crystallized ginger and praline
  • 250 ml/8.4 fl oz
  • Domestic

VS Fantasies

Dream of Glamour Hydrating Body Lotion

The ultimate holiday fantasy—wrap yourself in this enticing blend of vanilla and snow lily. This fast-absorbing body lotion features aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts for skin that feels soft, smooth and touchable. From our limited-edition holiday collection.

TIPS & TRICKS: For longer-lasting fragrance, layer with Dream of Glamour Fragrance Mist.
  • Fragrance type: Warm
  • Notes: Vanilla and snow lily
  • 250 ml/8.4 fl oz
  • Domestic

VS Fantasies

Dream of Love Hydrating Body Lotion

The ultimate holiday fantasy—wrap yourself in this crisp blend of frosted pear and sugared woods. This fast-absorbing body lotion features aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts for skin that feels soft, smooth and touchable. From our limited-edition holiday collection.

TIPS & TRICKS: For longer-lasting fragrance, layer with Dream of Love Fragrance Mist.
  • Fragrance type: Fruit
  • Notes: Frosted pear and sugared woods
  • 250 ml/8.4 fl oz
  • Domestic

VS Fantasies

Dream of Passion Hydrating Body Lotion

The ultimate holiday fantasy—wrap yourself in this fresh blend of iced cranberry and winter plum. This fast-absorbing body lotion features aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts for skin that feels soft, smooth and touchable. From our limited-edition holiday collection.

TIPS & TRICKS: For longer-lasting fragrance, layer with Dream of Passion Fragrance Mist.
  • Fragrance type: Floral
  • Notes: Iced cranberry and winter plum
  • 250 ml/8.4 fl oz
  • Domestic

VS Fantasies

Dream of Kisses Hydrating Body Lotion

The ultimate holiday fantasy—wrap yourself in this sparkling blend of pink champagne and apple. This fast-absorbing body lotion features aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts for skin that feels soft, smooth and touchable. From our limited-edition holiday collection.

TIPS & TRICKS: For longer-lasting fragrance, layer with Dream of Kisses Fragrance Mist.
  • Fragrance type: Fruit
  • Notes: Pink champagne and apple
  • 250 ml/8.4 fl oz
  • Domestic