A dirty word that isn't four lettered...

December 18, 2013
 
It seems like this subject has been discussed over and over and...then over again to the point that when you hear the word mentioned you either shudder at yet another talk of the sudsy stuff ingredient...or you sit up and listen.
 
At the bottom of today's front page was an article again addressing Triclosan and what the FDA is telling some companies-- simply interpreted....to either put up...or shut up.
 
For years I have used Dial products in my home for hand washing and once you smell that product... you know what it is eyes closed. A small drop goes a long way and you can smell that on your hands for hours and hours.  As my passion for all things Bath and Body Works began, so did my love of assorted hand scents at the sink and a small stockpile in the cabinet. Okay, not small but you get my point. I mean who doesn't love lavender scents in the bathroom and festive fall and holiday scents in the kitchen?  You get them, and pump..pump..pump away believing they are cleaning the germs.
 
Then you hear whispers of some sort of item in them could be causing problems health wise... yet you go to the stores and they are on the shelf... So what do you believe?  Can a company get away with putting in an item that could cause adverse health problems?
 
My husband and uncle are firm believers in bar soap for hand washing.  Rigorous washing with soap will clean your hands and not contribute to the drug resistant germs that these antibacterial soaps are suppose to be making. Okay, yes, I get it... but girls like to smell pretty....and we are sold on marketing.  And when our hands are so dried out from the chemicals in the soap we buy...we go to the other side of the store we bought them in and buy the lotion. 
 
So what should we believe?  Saturday, B&BW is unveiling their new and improved kitchen lemon hand soap pumps....foamy and as far as I can see...no Triclosan.  Coincidence?  The bottle is a new design shape so none of the previously bought sleeves will fit...which personally I think stinks since they are selling sleeves all year long knowing they are going to be changing the design at the end of the year....including now at Christmas time....And the sleeves aren't cheap anymore. 
 
Most likely why we have been seeing those half sleeve things since the fall coming to stores. And being I did a count of the antibac soaps I have...  OYE...in Foamy, Moisturizing and Deep Cleansing...we are talking....a lot.  I mean bigger than a bread box, but smaller than a car. So what are we suppose to do now if we are told that Triclosan can't be used....?
 
I guess I can scrub the toilet with them...but all joking aside...they aren't cheap, even on sale using surveys.
Next Thursday, we will be bombarded with SAS and you know there will be soap in the bins.  I know I will be skipping buying soap...I certainly don't need any.  But I was thinking while in the shower that I could put the shower gel into a pump bottle for sink use right?  Lots of bubbles and a pretty scent. And hopefully nothing else.