In the shuffle of the new

August 8, 2013


I went to bed late last night because my mind didn't seem to want to shut off.  It was stuck in Bath and Body Works candle-land and no matter how many sheep I tried to count... they all turned into candle jars.

I guess that is what happens when you spend a lot of time searching for b&bw things online to add to a blog.  And the blog I was working on was the one that is dated July 23rd and posted last night regarding the Fall Signature Traditions from years gone by.  On my blog, I try to keep a reference point of things that are current, because as we all know in a month or two things change and pictures and scent notes become lost in the shuffle of the new.

And while I was searching for some older fall releases I was reminded of how much I really loved some of those scents and in seeing their photos you realize,  once they are gone, they are gone. 

In my research I came across some awesome Pinterest pages that keep the "Gingham Heartland" era alive by housing photos of the old.

I came across an old Article or two about Bath and Body Works and I got a better appreciation of how important the big picture is to these companies.  Not that I needed reminding, I know the bottom line and I have expressed my thoughts about the whole "sharing" thing....so I don't need to repeat myself.

Earlier this morning while having a conversation about the subject of this blog....(having a feeling the new fall was coming out today) with my brother he was giving me his business opinion of this whole bucket of craziness.  And it entailed the big picture of developing and marketing....the whole enchilada from concept to release and how important it is for a company to shelter some of its information and how being a blogger now is getting a bad rep.  Honestly, for me....my page is a place for me for reference as well as sharing what I know....  I thought it would help the brands I support.

I remember back when the Walmart Black Friday sales ad got released early on one of those sites and people got fired over it.  In that case when you are trying to drive in sales before your competitor does you sort of what that a bit hush hush.  But we are all human and we want the excitement of knowing...and planning ....way ahead of time.  In that case though....with a timed ad out....the competitors could readjust their release times for the day and steal away business.

I don't have to say all of this, we all know this...and we still get excited to Know....first.  Hence the new Don't disclose policy.

Bath and Body Works new policy of not saying anything now in the store is annoying, yes...but we
are all going to have to roll with it I suppose.  I hope that while they aren't suppose to be "revealing the entire back room" to us....they could answer a common sense question or two when asked.  And if they don't know the answer they could always check out the Gingham portal and see what others do in those situations...

Okay enough about that...the reason for this blog is todays pre-release of the new Fall Signature Traditions online.... and how when I finally went to bed after one am last night....that was my last thought....that today they were coming and I could put pictures up.  No, I swear....no pictures were sent to me and I didn't see it posted anywhere else... it was just this silly thought before I fell asleep.

And Voila.... here they were at 5 am.

Now if I could have only predicted  those 5 Powerball numbers last night.....




Credits: special thanks to these pages
http://pinterest.com/bbwheartland/
http://bbwheartland.tumblr.com/