Here's my two cents worth

August 16, 2013

Todays ad seems to have sparked some discord among the Bath and Body Works fans and in reading all of the comments left on the social media site I thought I would toss my two cents into the mix.

Below is todays ad.  Pretty simple...  ten bucks off of a purchase of thirty dollars.  Okay.  Got that.  PLUS  free shipping on any purchase of thirty dollars or more.  Okay...got that too.

Wednesday when I placed my order, the sale ad was for ten off of thirty or more (coupon below) ....and free shipping on orders of fifty dollars or more.


 
Pretty simple...If I want to pay shipping, I can put thirty dollars worth of stuff in my cart, pay the shipping and done.  I wanted more than thirty dollars worth of items and when my cart hit sixty dollars, both the ten bucks came off as well as the thirteen dollars and ninety nine cents shipping came off.  I spent fifty....paid my tax and my order shipped.  As I thought it all should be.
 
Yesterdays sale ad was $1 shipping on a purchase of $25.00 or more.  Nice sale.  I can spend twenty five dollars...and then the computer pulls off all of the shipping charges except one dollar....so its 26.00 plus tax.
 
I don't mind paying a buck shipping when I am buying a small amount of things....and I love free shipping on bigger orders as they tend to push shipping costs over $14.00.
 
So here is todays sale ad.  Ten bucks off of thirty.... free shipping on any purchase thirty dollars or more.  Buying as much as I do....I know I need to add at least forty to my cart and it will drop it down to a total of thirty dollars my cost...and I get free shipping.  I would get forty dollars worth of merchandise sent to me free....which could be anywhere from 7.99 - 13.99 or up depending on what you buy.
 
And if you look at the ad... there are  *   and **  for each part of the sale. 
 
But some thought they could add thirty dollars worth of merchandise, get ten bucks off of that and then get it all shipped to them for free for a total of only twenty dollars being spent.  Hmmm. no. 
 
Those who called customer service found them to be less than sympathizing when they are being told B&BW was being deceptive.
 
I personally didn't think they were deceptive....the way I read and buy from them.
 
I can understand how disappointing it can be when you think your going to get something for one price and it isn't happening.  Been there and done that. But the only thing you can do is either order the amount the computer requires to get the offer....or don't order at all....and buy the things in the store and use a survey coupon to get your items for twenty dollars.
 
 
 



 
 
$10 Off Any Purchase of $30 or More Prior to tax and shipping and handling. Limit one offer per customer. No substitutions. Offer valid for sale and regularly priced merchandise. To redeem the offer online, add $30 of merchandise to shopping bag, enter promotion code TREATME30 during checkout, and prices will be adjusted on qualifying orders. This promotion code is only valid with free shipping on orders of $30 or more anywhere within the contiguous U.S. only. If another code is entered at checkout, this offer will be void. To redeem in stores, printed coupon must be presented and surrendered at time of purchase. Offer valid at U.S. Bath & Body Works stores and BathandBodyWorks.locations through 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 18, 2013. Offer not valid at Bath & Body Works stores in Canada.

**Free Shipping on Orders of $30 or More
Place an online order of $30 or more and receive free ground shipping and handling anywhere in the contiguous U.S.; free shipping and handling offer excludes P.O. Boxes and orders shipping to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories. Enter promotion code TREATME30 during checkout and shipping and handling charges will be adjusted on qualifying orders. This promotion code is not valid with any other offer that requires you to enter another promotional code at checkout. If another code is entered at checkout, this offer will be void. Not valid for orders upgraded to Second Day or Overnight delivery. Offer valid only at
BathandBodyWorks.com through 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 18, 2013.

Offers may not be combined with any other offers, coupons or discounts. Offers not redeemable for cash, gift cards, Egift cards or sale merchandise, nor are they valid toward previous purchases. Gift cards, Egift cards, gift wrap services, taxes and shipping and handling charges are not applicable toward minimum purchase requirement and are not included in the offers. TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE APPLIED TO GIFT CARDS. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered or ineligible use of discounts and to modify or cancel these promotions due to system error or unforeseen problems. Subject to change without notice.

Bath & Body Works is a trademark of Bath & Body Works Brand Management, Inc.