Test Scents - Lakeside Collection candle review

As time allows I will be posting my thoughts and reviews on the new test scent candle line LAKESIDE that just came out last week.  I will update this blog after each one is tried.







Boathouse Row- the fragrance of a deep blue water surrounded by notes of moss, sage and bay leaves captures the essence of a lakeside adventure.
candle color- hunter green

label picture-

bottom label-


my thoughts cold - a hunter green building with oars in varying lengths are pictured on this hunter green colored candle.  Definitely cologne scented....and wow.  This smells, to me like the cologne on a very sexy guy.  Stop laughing...it does.  When I lifted the lid, my first impression was that of money...wealth, and sexiness....
I look forward to burning this to see how it throws and if its a headache giver.

my thoughts burning:


  • Lakeside-  jump into an invigorating blend of fresh water, sheer musk and the  perfect pop of citrus 
  • candle color- creamy white


    label picture-

    bottom label-


    my thoughts cold- three young girls jumping off of a dock into the water is depicted on the picture of this creamy white colored candle...evoking thoughts of summer vacations at the lake. I love the color scale of the picture and would have liked to see the entire line in these hues even though they aren't bright and colorful.   I smell the pop of citrus...aka lemon...reminding me of how my hands smelled earlier today after I waxed my furniture.

    my thoughts burning:



  • Dockside- an airy crisp blend of fresh water, citrus zests and aqua flowers captures the fragrance of being dockside at a summer lake.  
  • candle color- light tan


    label picture-

    bottom label-



    my thoughts cold- boats tethered to a dock with a view of the summer house and chairs are depicted in the picture. Touches of red distract you.  Probably because the candles color is odd matching the slats of the dock itself.   Definite redo.  I agree with Molly it smells like a paris/sparkling with a tweek.  I will burn it, but I won't like it.

    my thoughts burning:




  • Strawberry Picnic- a blend of red, ripe strawberries, wild raspberries, and sweet butter cream frosting celebrates the very best part of a picnic by the lake. 
  • candle color- creamy white


    label picture-

    bottom label-


    my thoughts cold -a clear glass of water holds a bunch of a strawberry plant in this picture for this creamy white candle.  The picture could have been done better....strawberries are not harvested like flower bunches...at least none that I have seen....I would have rather seen them photographed sliced on a vanilla buttercream iced cupcake on a plate in the picnic basket.
     I love the smell of the candle at first sniff.  Buttercream is definite ...strawberry buttercream with a hint if any raspberry.  Quite yummy smelling and one I look forward to rebuying and burning.

    my thoughts burning: This candle is burning perfectly, the wicks are mushroom topping as I write and that's where the good ends.  The throw for me is weak.  It is in the kitchen and after one hour I can barely smell it in the kitchen, let alone any other area of the house.  The scent cold was rich and butter creamy and the scent warmed is lost a bit unless you put your face over the candle.  I don't think I will re-buy this.





  • Mahogany Teakwood- the luxurious scent of fine woods-mahogany, cedarwood and oak are enlightened by a delicate lavender and geranium notes {tan color, repackaged}
  • candle color- medium rust


    label picture-

    bottom label-


    my thoughts cold-  sweet heavens where does summertime come in with this candle?  I see the label depicts a boat, redwood colored...okay, I get it... but this is another very manly scented candle.  I smell the wisp of lavender muting down the cedar.  I don't smell geranium. And the color of the candle is a diluted cedar....  The wick on this one is skimpy to say the least.  I will burn it....and decide if its a re-buy.

    my thoughts burning:




  • Campfire Cookout- gather round the smokey scent of mesquite, woodchips, clove and a
  • crackling fire. 
  • candle color- that ugly grey color - ash-  like the winter night

    label picture-

    bottom label-

     my thoughts cold- the picture on the label is of two boats pulled onto the beach at nighttime for a impromptu picnic. The table is set with lanterns and luminaries and you can almost hear the waves over the crackle of the fire.  I guess they were going for a grey scale reminiscent of the ash of a fire when they picked this candles color.  I am not a big fan of black or grey candles....a personal choice perhaps, so that alone would make me pass up this candle without lifting the lid.  It is definitely smoky scented, like wood from a fire burning and someone tossed in a handful of cloves.  ha ha.  At first smell without noticing the labels name it smelled mediciney to me....then I realized it was the cloves.  I look forward to burning it to see how it translates with heat.

    my thoughts burning:
  • Watermelon Lemonade- quench your thirst for long summer days with this refreshing mixture of watermelon ice, sparking water and freshly squeezed meyer lemons.
    candle color- medium pink color, fun

  • label picture-

    bottom label-
  • my thoughts cold-a mason jar glass filled up with water and a chunk of light pink colored watermelon is the picture on this pink colored candle.  I was anxiously awaiting this candle.  It first reminded me of candy..a watermelon candy or that taste of a well known but I don't want to say ice cream companies Italian icey.  Watermelon is one of those scents that seems to be a problem to accurately nail candle wise.  We are told its watermelon so we tell ourselves that is what we smell.....then they douse it in some sort of citrus and call it ade....Smelling this cold, the watermelon scent is subtle and fleeting, followed up with the lemonade.  I look forward to burning this as I want to see how the two scents are going to separate and come together.  It is also sooooo much better than this springs melon.

  • my thoughts burning:  This candle burned very well.  The wicks were perfect and got their little mushroom tops and stayed consistent throughout the burn.  I burned this for a bit more than an hour and while I did smell the fragrance through the house, it wasn't one that I would say was strong or overpowering.  Later, hours after burning it and extinguishing it, I came in and my home smelled nice,....sweet and I was reminded it was watermelon.  I would buy it again.










  • Forest Trail- explore the lakeside woods with an aromatic blend of redwood trees, cedar leaves eucalyptus and a hint of wild berries 
  • candle color- muddy green color

    label picture-

    bottom label-


     my thoughts cold-two Adirondack chairs facing a blue watered lake with tall pine trees in the background is the label picture on this muted down green colored candle.  On this small of a label at first glance without my glasses on, I made myself laugh when I thought the coffee mug, that I now see, on the arm of one of the chairs was a.... ahem... roll of toilet paper.  Hey, its a 4oz candle, the label is small and I didn't have on my glasses.  :)  I love nature and have been in the woods and smelled this scent.  I really do like this scent as it does not remind me of a Christmas candle....but a clean pine like candle.  I look forward to burning it and if it is good, rebuying it.

    my thoughts burning: This candle burned very well.  The wicks were perfect and got their little mushroom tops as they should.  The scent was strong as is the throw. I burned it in my office and it carried through the house to the downstairs areas.  It is too strong to burn in a small room and be in that room. I found the scent to be a typical Christmas reminder like smell....pine, and woods.  Much different than it smelled cold.  I was hoping that scent would carry through.  I would re-buy it, but not for a summer time burn as this line implies.


  • Summertime Smores- all the sweetness of summers best treat is captured in this blend of roasted marshmallow, crackling campfire and rich creamy vanilla. 
  • candle color- one shade up from the ash grey color more brown in it

    label picture-

    bottom label-


     my thoughts cold- the yellow, orange red of a fire and pieces of wood is in the forefront of hands with thin sticks roasting marshmallows.  A definite re-do and one we would expect for a summertime / fall themed candle.  Again, not a big fan of the grey- taupe like coloring of the candle....but I smell the wood smoke, vanilla and a hint of the chocolate.  I have always thought of the smokey scents as masculine and I would definitely include this as one.

    my thoughts burning:



  • Wildflower Valley- a fragrant bouquet of poppies, meadow grass and a fresh air reminiscent of a field of wildflowers by the lake. 

  • candle color- creamy white

     
    label picture-

     
    bottom label-


     my thoughts cold- the hills are alive...with the sound of music...wait that is a musical....but that is what I thought of when I first saw this blurred out photo of a valley of wildflowers.  At least the candle is white.   Smells like a redo to me....and I will figure out which one as soon as that dang summertime smores leaves my nose palliate.  Very floral.  I didn't get my southern magnolia yet to compare it to what Molly said but it is one of their better done florals as far as I am thinking.  I like my flower scents to hit the mark without the extra end scents so many of theirs do.  I look forward to burning this and if it doesn't make me sneeze...re-buying more.

    my thoughts burning:  This candle burned really well.  The wicks got their little mushroom tops, the wax pool is perfect and the scent is overwhelming to me. Its throw is great, I smelled it upstairs while burning it in the kitchen.  Very perfume like, and after one hour I had enough and blew it out.  The longer it seemed to burn the more I smelled the perfume and the soot of the wicks...a combination I am not thrilled with.  I will not be re-buying this candle and will exchange the replacement when it arrives.  It smelled much better to me cold.