Bath and Body WOrks FOREVER MIDNIGHT, County Fair, and new Wallfowers

August 25, 2013


Where do I even start?  Okay, so I woke today not sure of what I was going to do and as things turned out I ended up heading way out of town to a Bath and Body Works I was unfamiliar with.  Which worked out great....because I got to see and smell the two new Forever Midnight fragrances....and I am still here smelling my arms.

 Midnight,the first dual launch of a men's and women's fragrance. Hers: Caramel liqueur wrapped in sultry vanilla orchid and intoxicating cream de cassis.. His: Caramel liqueur layered with essential oils and blackberry bourbon." Sometimes the adventure of a lifetime begins with an impulse. When he leans close and whispers "meet me at midnight", it's all the more exhilarating because its so unexpected


The stores got in a small box of dual pack samplers and each sample pack has two bottles in it...his and hers.  Both look like last years Forever Red trial size round bottles and this time the labels are purple and blue.  The box is cute, hues of purple and like an offset diamond pattern shape.  Not a square or rectangular box...so your really expecting these to be luxe again, like the Forever Red was.  Forever Red was just a single bottle given out, not in a specially made box....and if you remember I was given my sampler bottle July first last year to try and spread the word before other samplers were given out.

This (hers) scent is truly different....and there is a warmth to it..and a richness...like you found it at a expensive perfume counter......yet it is so unpredictable.  Not something I would go for or try or even wear....at first.  With what was written about it earlier in the year and shared (above) I expected this creamy caramel-ly warm fragrance....and it isn't that really on me.  And when it was first sprayed on me I was like woah... I dunno about that...because I don't usually shop at high end parfume counters...I love my Philosophy  Amazing Grace....and Dennis Basso scent....and since I was going to go and have lunch it was a bit strong.  And then the (his) was sprayed on me and it is masculine and warm and familiar.....  I let my husband smell it on me and he immediately said... Dark Amber.  I was still busy smelling both hands trying to get all of the notes, and the SA told me to go have lunch and let my bodies chemistry work with it as it dried down.  So I did.

Now try to imagine me eating Italian....and smelling both of my hands... TOOOO funny. I couldn't help myself.   But as the scent dried it was changing.  This scent, the hers, is definitely for me a winter time....cold weather out, fragrance.  It is what you will wear with your big bulky sweaters as it will permeate through.  It is a sitting by the fire warm and natural fragrance...one you want to wear and not let wear you.  You know how that is....sometimes you smell fragrance on another woman and your like....wow....did she spray the whole bottle on...  haha... 

Now for the mens...I went back and sprayed on the mens Dark Amber and sure enough,...he was right. It does smell similar to almost exactly like it.  And its a good mens fragrance....

I look forward to getting my tester set this Thursday.....yay....

Okay now for other news.....

County Fair..... that is what the next in store event is being called and it is happening September 21st.  No one else was mentioning it "socially"  because of the big info lock down but I seemed to ask the right questions and was told all about it.  I even got to see thee adorable aprons the staff will be wearing... very fall gingham.

This Wednesday there is the floorset and the new pumpkin stuff I showed a blog or two ago will be out with some other things.  Don't expect to see too much Halloween.  It's not scheduled for a full launch yet.  The floor-set for that is the Hauned Barn House.... (I saw a picture of it...not the comical one in the book but the real thing) and I am on the fence ....I am not sure I want to part with fifty bucks for that.  But anyway...there will be the house, the hand soap, the anti bac pocketbacs and the holders. Plus, yes the spider.... I saw that too today. 

That $125.00 pumpkin has in it a three piece ritual in sweet cinnamon pumpkin, a vermont hand cream, a SCP  hand soap and lotion and a pumpkin poofy. 

That silver pumpkin is $15.00 and the lid comes off of it and its empty.  I forgot to mention that before.

There is a new luxe boxed wallflower....an own like last years almost but he has a more browntone, green stone belly... for $19.50

I was allowed to buy the new Wallflowers and here they are....

pumpkin with silver trim $8.50
squirrel on a branch with leaf and acorn $8.50
acorns $9.50
light up owl  $7.50
trio of pumpkins $9.50