Bath & Body Works | On Being Happily Informed

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't read, or get asked the question - " How Does She Know...?" so while I have a few moments now, I will write some of the answers to some of those things bothering some of y'all.  Many never read the blogs...or the About Me, so it is normal to wonder just what is going on with the girl who shares.


In the beginning.... ha ha  kidding.

Let me say my life, life and my online life - like many of you - is very different.  On any given life, life day,  no one is looking to fight with me, or spew hate at me. People...actually like me.  Shocking...I know.  I can not say as much when I share online.

So what started this sharing you may wonder...

While I was in the depths of intensive grief of the loss, and dealing with a potential criminal proceeding and possible civil proceeding, I wrote everything I felt daily to get it out of my head.  I shared things openly on a site where those who knew me before the loss, came and offered me feedback on the progress of my pain.  Writing helped more than you can know.

As time passed,  I started sharing more about those things around me that I loved, and less about grief. 

I kept a place where I noted Bath and Body Works information, more for myself really...and as I began talking in groups on Facebook, I saw there were others who felt the same about this brand --- so I shared things I knew there.   Looking back, I never should have.

But I did. 

Because it is a brand that I love, and use, I knew of the way things sort of worked out.  I kept notes about everything, and listened when others talked.

For those who insist I do: I never worked for the brand.  

And as far as I know, family out of state does not use the products or work for the brand.  Something that I am sure the brand had checked out when I came out of the proverbial woodwork. 

I have been talked to by the brand. Not customer service, hey my order came smashed ...I mean...higher up.  I have spoken with LP, and VPs of various departments.  Out of the blue...phone calls to me when my personal info was never posted back then.  What we talked about is between us.

Just note: they know who I am.  Just like they know who everyone else who shares is.  And y'all know they send merchandise and info to other social media people to share.. They do benefit some by building the excitement, right.  Keep that in mind.  :)

Shopping. Where I live, there is one store I shop.  Some of y'all know that because they received a call while I was in there shopping one day about me sharing...ha ha.  Actually the same person called all three stores.  Nasty, Nasty people.

For those who insist on saying I get any info from my local store to try to stir the pot, you would be incorrect.  

You know that whole don't crap where you sleep saying? I never have nor needed to ask in my store, because  I get info sent to me from elsewhere. Years ago, and now.  Honestly, where it comes from really isn't anyone's business actually. Read it, don't read it...and stop with the hate stuff.

There is a store out of town that I shopped at occasionally when I had to go that way, but after the pandemic and caring for my older father in law, I limit myself to the local store only. 

I never got info from that out of town store either.  Three other stores hours away have all closed over the years, and I also never asked anyone there for info either when I visited once or twice.

Do you see how much information is ONLINE NOW?  Every person on social media who works for the brand...gets excited for the new, wants to share what they found in the back room, or on paperwork....either in groups or on their own pages.  And Does!

They send info to their favorite IG Pages, they send it to me,  and they share it in groups.  And then the groups share it amongst themselves and to other private groups...and then Reddit, Discord, and other sites run with it too.  And workers in all of those groups talk about it in there to confirm it...even when they shouldn't.

Sadly, nothing is ever secret.  Nothing.  It has not been secret for a very long time. I have been sharing for over ten years and ---Try as they may, with email reminders of no posting or sharing info with customers....little by little...it's out there.

Whether you have a source or not...every thing from weekly sales to simple new items gets published.  New IG accounts try to build their followers and FB groups try to add new ones.  So sharing is not always by me.  Information changes occasionally, and something you said will happen, could end up pushed back or cancelled.  It's never always 100% but pretty darn close.  

I get info from those I trust implicitly, and sometimes someone sends me fake info.  I have learned to know the difference.  There is info I don't share...that can cause an issue. 

I get enough hate...so I make note of it and don't share it where everyone can see.   I knew there were more than two price points for last Candle Day and it was going to be the higher one causing  a lot of mad people.  You know that....people get upset over CD things.

I said nothing when the price points came out because that sale is held with such high regard, people get worked up either way.  So I said nothing knowing it was going to be higher....and people claimed I was jealous I didn't share it first.  Had I shared it.... people would still have been mad at me. 

How many years over and over again before,  I said here is the CD price and everyone piled on saying no, you're wrong - blah blah blah...until I shared the proof that I was right - before the sale launched. How many years. 

It is never about sharing info first, it is always share accurate info. For me.  I write the blog as an archive to look back on.  How many times people email me, or tell me that they needed to know something and found it here.  That's great.

When I started sharing...I didn't know all of the nuances of blogging....I was lazy.  Excited lazy.  Share the info...don't add the names to the photos, or tags, or links....but surprisingly still the info gets found here. Sadly some of the older photos have lost their links...both from poor posting of them at the time (copy and paste from the .com blog) rather than uploading correctly...and then the .com crashed.  I need to fix a bunch of older posts.  As soon as I get time.

So, I write info.  The from who isn't important to anyone, except those who love to perpetuate the hate.  You will know who they are by the questions they post, and the comments they make about me.  Because everyone else -- is happily informed.