Bath & Body Works | Rewards Member App - July 2022 Changes

When I shared the Reward App upcoming changes, I knew many who get to use the APP would be upset.  Days later now when others are sharing the information about the changes there is more outrage over having to now spend $100 to receive a $16.50 FREE item. 

And I read these comments, and I understand no one likes change, but I also think...so many of us who cannot yet have access to the App are still shopping, and buying all that we want without benefit of a freebie.

As I am sure everyone who has access to the App shopped and bought what they wanted before they began using the App.

My question is...

Are those who can use the App spending more than they once did before using the App because they can get something for free when they reach the required $75 (current) requirement?  Is the App what makes your spending that much greater?

What if Bath and Body Works decided to eliminate the App altogether?  Would you really stop shopping there?