Teacher Appreciation Week Gift Idea

Monday, May 2nd through Friday, May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Week!!! 


Many years ago, we always sent some sort of gift in with the kiddo as thanks recognizing the hard work and dedication these educators were doing for our child.

Times are different now and I know what was great way back then, could definitely use an upgrade.  Honestly, how many coffee mugs can one person use.  

If I had a child in school now, the gift I would give would be... A Visa/Mastercard type of card you can buy in most stores to add money to.

Here's why:

  • I don't want to give them a Staples kind of card dedicated to buying more classroom supplies.  They buy enough.
  • No specific restaurants, because they may not go there to eat. ( I got a Applebee's card from my sister Christmas of 2019.  It is still in my wallet since I haven't resumed eating out yet)
  • No Movie Gift Card.
  • No Starbucks Cards.
  • Nothing Grocery Card related.
  • No Online only Cards...Amazon, QVC, etc.
  • Skip the beauty places...Ulta, Sephora, etc.
  • And Yes, no Bath and Body Works Cards.

If they get a Visa/Mastercard kind of card....they can shop EVERYWHERE those cards are accepted.  They are like cash...without being cash.  

They can decide whatever it is they want/need and enjoy that treat as thanks for being a great educator of our littles.