Test Candles ~ Spring 2014 ~ are we done yet?

December 1, 2013
 
Last August when I heard about the Italian line of candles that were shown in Ohio to the managers of stores that were visiting...I was thrilled. I tried to imagine what the candles would end up smelling like and was a bit disappointed when all was said and done.  I know there were other scents that never made it to the test stores nor wide release.  And in addition to the candles, they also had added a body care line and it was pretty successful.  My sisters are still asking me to put the Italian fragrances in their holiday gift baskets.
 
And every year we wait to hear what is going to be the new "Paradise or Tropic inspired" line coming out for January....and what are the spring scents going to be...which florals will make the cut. Typical things I am sure.
 
We are now in this Fresh Picked WINTER MARKET line time and I wondered what if any would be coming for next year...if they were going to keep the theme.
 
So the week before last I called Jersey to get any info they may have had about the new spring candles coming.  Customer service told me that it would be happening soon....around the first week of December so I took a chance and called and they said they knew they were coming but just not there yet.  Then when I checked again, they told me yes they are here and told me the names of those they had and told me to check back as more are set to come in, and reminded me that they cannot sell them to me.  A fact I am well aware of.
 
I thought twenty five candles
was pretty great, considering we aren't even at Christmas so it was those I set out to focus on.  As I mentioned, you can have candles from stores that have them currently...sent to you, but you can't do a phone order...I know, it makes no sense to me either...So here is where you enlist the help of family or friends....(preferably those who also have a candle/bbw addiction). 
So when I got my first order and thought that was great I now found out
there are more after a call to a favorite store of mine.
And when I just heard the names of some...I did ask the manager if the candle actually smelled like.... Snap Peas?
 
She laughed and I laughed and she told me no, it smells to her like rainkissed leaves. 
A very fresh clean scent.  So then why pick the name snap peas?
And the others mentioned were the typical spring scents we are accustomed to getting...honeysuckle bouquet...lilac blossom...and a new one heirloom greens.  Heaven knows what that is...and I think I will pass on that one too.
 
I just always assume there is going to be a honeysuckle and lilac blossom so I didn't think they were on a test candle list. And I wonder if there are going to be two of the lilac blossoms....one in a fresh picked line and the other in the white barn line.
 
She asked me if I knew about the Sweet Shop line and I told her I was currently burning the new pink bubblegum, after I finished burning the lavender marshmallow for the day earlier.  We talked about loving the sweet/cookie/cake scents and I told her all that I had and knew about and she told me about three I didn't have.  She said they are all sweet and her favorite on cold sniff was the honey cinnamon crumb cake.  I am here trying to eat a 1/4 sheet birthday cake....currently....I think I would love a cake candle better.....  less calories.  ;)
Then we started talking about a line I knew nothing about....and it was Italian candles curiosity all over again.
 
THINK Snow....
 
She called it a PRESTIGE line and named the 5 candles in front of her.  Now this line has me very interested.  Why have this kind of line...for a warm time of year?  I mean its great and different to do something chilly when its hot and steamy out... So will it come out in May?
 
Last year it was Lakeside...your typical summer themed line....so when would a line name Ski Lodge release?  It would have been awesome to have it for now... holiday gift giving time... And in seeing some of those metal tree candle holders...you know the ones, the brushed hammered look---I think they are very lodge like....
Maybe it would be a line that would release for January- February. I thought about gifting a lot of my hammered look candle holders...but with a name of a line like that....perhaps I should keep those...for now.
 
 
Hammered Pine Tree 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle Sleeve - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body WorksPine Trees 1.3 oz Mini Candle Pedestal - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
So now I just updated my list..as I wait for another big box of candles to arrive...wondering...are we done yet?
 
----------------------------------------------------------
Review: 
1) candles as we know are currently coming in priced at $22.50
how that will affect sale prices remains to be seen.
2) SPRING STREET SWEET SHOP LINE  candles have galvanized lids with an embellished Bath and Body Works Home logo and trademark sun.  There is also a gingham sticker with brown scalloped edges and the line name.
3) Destination line candle lids are those raised art deco style lids again... Beautiful.
 
 
Strawberry Sorbet
A coral pink colored wax, this wax on cold sniff is pretty light....and, hmm, the strawberry is, I 'm not sure.  There is a note to me right from the beginning that has a sharpness to it almost changing the strawberry smell...and that makes me curious to know what this is going to smell like warmed.  I will burn this tomorrow.  The label is again a pink gingham border with art deco trim around a picture of a bowl of scooped sorbet with a strawberry on top.  Again, if my eyes were closed and I smelled this without knowing a name I am not sure I would say strawberry.
 
 
Lavender Marshmallow
A light purple colored wax, this is a softer scent on cold sniff that reminds me of a herbal note.  Not overpowering at all, when I first sniffed this one, it immediately reminded me of a Christmas scented candle (not pine and tree Christmas.)  but a lighter version and soon as I remember which I will make note.  Its a beautiful scent, but I am a huge fan of Lavender.  They are using the name marshmallow too, but I am not sure if I would say marshmallow...or is it more of a vanilla lightness I get from it. I am hoping for a strong throw for this one as it is going to be one I will buy again barring any big twists.  Definitely cute enough for an Easter/Spring gift too.  Label has a lavender purple gingham border with the art deco border around numerous soft colored marshmallows.
I burned this candle this morning.  The throw was great, the wicks burned perfectly and it was a very sweet scented candle. In comparison to the Lavender scent of the Fleur de Provence....this candle is not a strong lavender at all.  It's hardly herbal more to the sugary side.  While it was pleasant burning, I wouldn't buy a second candle.
 
 
Pink Bubble Gum
A pink colored wax, this scent for me is sugary sweet to the max on cold sniff, and definitely what you could imagine a big wad of pink watermelon bubblegum to smell like.  it does smell like a vanilla-drowned watermelon version and I will burn this tomorrow to see what its throw and warm scent is like.  I love this colored wax as it reminds me Valentines Day is coming and this would be a cute gift.  The label has a pink and white gingham border and an art deco border around the glass apothecary jar filled with pink balls.
Currently burning.  Hardly any throw at all on this and the wicks seem to be struggling to keep lit.  It smelled more like a sweet bubble gum cold...and in order to get any scent from it I had to literally put my face over it.  I wouldn't buy a second of this either.

 
Fleur de Provence--"lavender verbena bouquet"
 
A creamy white colored wax, this scent on cold sniff made me run for the matches to get it warmed and I was not disappointed for both sniffs.  I love lavender and this candle smelled spot on to that scent to me.  Its herbal throw is just what I smell when I pinch the lavender heads of the flowers I grow.  The first hour burning, the wax pooled perfectly and the wicks burned well.  I never cut my wicks...not in the beginning nor during mid burn and so far so good with this candle. This label is a picture of a French lavender field  surrounded with a white border and a postage cancellation stamp  reminding you it is from the new Destination line.  I will be ordering more of this scent. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Destination Line
 
Havanna Heat--"sweet tobacco and spice" --{ visit the intoxicating city of Havana, with this rare blend of sweet tobacco, amber and spice. Cha-cha-cha the night away.}
 
Mahalo Maui--"mai tai sunsets" { go on an instant vacation with a blend inspired by a favorite Hawaiian island featuring notes of passionfruit, white flowers and a hint of soft musk. Let's luau}
 
Sunny San Tropez--"party spots and private yachts"  { an internationally glamorous blend of Naroli blossoms, creamy vanilla and sandalwood transport you to the best beach club in St. Tropez. Revile in the beauty of the French Riveria.}
 
South Beach Sun-- "coconut beaches and art deco" { revel in a tropical blend of coconut water, orange blossoms and lemon. Inspired by the states most popular hot spot. Let's party beachside.}
  
Fleur de Provence--"lavender verbena bouquet"  {a very French blend of lavender buds, verbena and vanilla that conjures up a walk through fields and fields of flowers. Escape to the South of France! }
 
Electric Toyoko--"iced saki and cherry blossoms" { an exotic combination of Japanese iced sake, delicate cherry blossoms and a hint of berries.  Arigato Japan.}
 
Emerald Isles- "lucky irish clover"-- {escape to a country that is simply greener than any where else in the world. With a fragrance of fresh clover, emerald grass and a touch of woody moss. Discover the spirit of Ireland.}

Bermuda Break--"pink sands and shorts" 

Sydney Harbor--"Australian waters"  
 
London Calling-- "tea and lemon"
 
The Greek isles-- "fresh fig and paradise"

Mad about Madrid--"under the Spanish moon" 
 



PRESTIGE LINE
Great Room
Mountain Side
Ski Den
Wine Cellar
Winter Terrace
Spring Street Sweet Shop Line
Watermelon Lemonade { quench your thirst for long summer days with this refreshing mixture of watermelon ice, sparkling water and freshly squeezed meyer lemons.}
 
Strawberry Sorbet {a cool new treat to delight your senses, sorbet made with the sweetest, sun-ripened strawberries, spun sugar and a touch of vanilla}
 
Lavender Marshmallow {the merging of two, unexpected flavors--lavender and marshmallow--make this mouthwatering blend a special treat}
 
Pink Bubble Gum {a fragrance you can really sink your teeth into with notes of sweet sugar cane, juicy watermelon and a hint of vanilla}
 
Lemon Drop { that magnificent mouth puckering mixture of sweet and tart is captured in this blend of fresh lemon zest, sugar crystals and a hint of vanilla.}
 
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut  --{ share the delight of a freshly baked vanilla cake doughnut covered in sugar crystals and crushed cinnamon.}   
 
Pineapple Cream Puff --{delicate puff pastry and rich cream meet tropical pineapple in a fragrance inspired by a classic, hand made confection}

Frosted Cupcake-- {a true, sweeth-tooths delight, fresh vanilla bean, sugar, cake batter and rich butter cream frosting mix it up and create an irresistible}

Pink Lemonade Pound Cake --{a delicious combination of two classic bakery treats. Includes notes of freshly squeezed lemons, rich cake and ripe raspberries.}

Raspberry Peach Macaroon-- { the ultimate French cookie is celebrated in a unique blend of ripe raspberries, juicy peach and almond cream.}

Honey Cinnamon Crumb Cake-- { todays special: an irresistible baked treat, made with a fresh soft cake, local honey and a hint of cinnamon.}

Fresh Picked
Garden Strawberry-- { simple and pure, sun ripened strawberries are highlighted by mango nectar and soft, peach blossoms.}
 
Pink Passion fruit-- { this amazing juiciness of a island fruit inspired this combination of vine ripened passion fruit, guava and sugarcane.}
 
Lemon Cucumber--{ clean, crisp cucumber and zesty lemon create a zesty fragrance perfect for spring.}
 
Polmelo Grapefruit--{ the ultimate citrus lovers delight, a blend of tart grapefruit, sweet polmelo and juicy orange.}
 
Sweet Spearmint--{enjoy the bright scent of freshly cut spearmint leaves freshened by sugar crystals.}
 
Lemon Mint leaf--{ freshly cut lemon balm and spearmint leaves give a refreshing lift to a blend of vetiver and citrus
 
Wild Berries-- {the fun of picking sweet, local berries is celebrated in this blend of juicy red raspberries and tart blackberry.}
 
Snap Peas-- { bright green peas with the perfect amount of snap are the centerpieces of this fresh green blend.}
Heirloom Greens-- {escape to the garden with this cheerful blend of heirloom greens and tomato vines
Honeysuckle Bouquet--{ the scent of early spring contained in a bouquet of sweet honeysuckle and pink peony with a touch of creamy vanilla.}

Market Peach-- { fresh from the stand, peaches strike a juicy note in a blend of vanilla featuring hints of citrus and raspberry.}

Lilac Blossom--{