Apps & Dollars

April 30, 2014

Before I had my Smart Phone, I had a phone, phone.  Not a dumb phone...just a phone that did what other phones usually did in a day.  Made calls.  Now in the age of smart everything, the only things phones don't do for you is...well...I can't think of anything actually.

And I was quite hesitant to get a smart phone.  I had an I-Touch that worked great if I was around wireless service and I felt if I wasn't around it...I didn't need to be.  Then one day our flip phones decided that enough was enough and we stepped over that threshold of modern technology.  Which comes with a pretty hefty price.

So I use  my phone.  A lot.  If I could use it while I sleep...I would.  Short of buying a Jitterbug phone ...(ha ha my husbands idea) he thought that changing up phones we would reduce our already high cell bill.  It doubled.  So what can you do but find ways to make and save money.

Today I wanted to mention two that I am doing currently.

FOAP and Surveymini

I found Surveymini in the app store under the free and featured section. And what it turned out to be was this App that asks you to do surveys on places that you have been to and rewards you using a point system.  When you accumulate a certain number of points, you can then redeem them for gift cards at the places of your choosing.  I don't need to tell you what fragrance store I chose all the time.  ;)

While watching the news sometime ago I saw a report about FOAP and how our phone pictures are worth money. Not a huge amount of money mind you, but the more you sell, the more you make.  And if you need photos for social media, each one costs only $10.00...for an unlimited amount of uses and unlimited amount of time.

So you never know what you may have snapped at any given time, could be something big businesses or small businesses could want. 

Dollars easily made...at the touch of an App