Department: Beauty| QVC | Beauty with Benefits | Cancer and Careers.org | Purchases-Reviews

April 22, 2014
 
I wrote last week about the QVC and CEW programing that was happening on April 17th called Beauty with Benefits. 
 
Cancer and Careers.org was going to be the recipient of the 80% of the proceeds from the sale of all of the donated beauty products being offered, and there were some fantastic products. Please check out QVC and search Beauty with Benefits as some items still remain.  And check out www.cancerandcareers.org for more information on that organization.
 
With your purchases, you were to be given a gift of a beautiful red nylon pocketed cosmetic bag designed by Sonia Kashuk  with 5 beauty products inside to try.  There are four variations of products in these bags so you could end up with different items with every purchase. I made four purchases throughout the show, and went back for another Laura Geller Spackle yesterday so I will have five bags total.
 
   ❥s7165 tarte bb perfecting liquid foundation with brush LIGHT-
Review:  I tried this product this morning and found the color is not spot on perfect for my skin coloring.  There was a fair in this being offered, but in listening to the host, they made that sound like it was for a more porcelain skin tone so I went with light.  They say it is a medium to total coverage and I found for myself it really wasn't with the one application. They tell you to apply it with the brush and I did that, as well as just dabbed it on with my finger.  Both applications worked.  I did make a video and I will post the link when it uploads so you can see it in person. I will keep it since it was for a great cause, and the product itself offers some great benefits other than coverage.  Here is what is posted on QVC regarding it:
 
What is it: Combining all the benefits of a BB cream with the coverage of a foundation, tarte's Beyond BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation delivers medium-to-full coverage and a semi-matte finish while it moisturizes, protects, covers, corrects, and brightens.

Who is it for: Anyone looking for a foundation that moisturizes, evens, and illuminates skin from within.

Why is it different: The medium-to-full-coverage formula delivers a semi-matte, natural finish while moisturizing and evening out skin tone. Infused with tarte's multi-mineral complex, it nourishes and conditions skin while protecting with SPF 15. Optically activated particles diffuse light to illuminate skin and blur the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for flawless-looking skin.

How do I use it: Dispense a small amount of foundation to the back of your hand and apply using the Balancing Act Foundation Brush. Start at the center of your face, lightly brushing outward and down until blended. To build coverage, lightly dab the brush over imperfections. The unique shape allows for easy application under the eyes and around the nose and mouth.

From tarte.

This product is part of QVC's Beauty with Benefits event.

Includes:

  • 1.3-fl oz BB Perfecting Liquid Foundation in Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, or Deep
  • Balancing Act Foundation Brush
 
   ❥s7159 mally 5 piece liquid lipstick collection-
Review: I think these were priced at $25.00 for the 5 products and shipping on all items was only $2.00 so that wasn't too bad for 5 items I can keep, or gift all or some.  I believe this is still available should you want to try it.  I put it on my hand in the swatch pics below and it did travel a bit into the fine lines on my hand, like it did on Mallys hand the night of the presentation.  I usually don't have issues yet with lipsticks or gloss traveling out of the borders of my lips but for those who do, take note....  And that is corrected with a touch of foundation around your lips to stop it.  This has barely a scent and taste and the colors are so pretty.  They are super duper....did I say super, shiny....so for those who like some shine with your gloss....these are a must have.  I have long hair and I don't prefer a sticky gloss for those windy days because my hair naturally finds my mouth always.... but that being said... I would still purchase them again and I will keep these and wear them. Here are the details from QVC regarding these:
 
What is it: These five delish lip shades are the perfect size to slip right into your purse, so you can have juicy, voluptuous lips! But, don't let their size fool you...these babies pack a powerful punch!

Who is it for: Any woman who wants full lips in one simple step!

Why is it different: These shades were handselected to work perfectly together. Mally has included four of her most-loved lip shades, along with one brand-new shade, packaged in a trendy little gift box! She has combined all of her makeup-artist tips and secrets into this formula--it's your lip primer, lipstick, and lip gloss all in one!

How do I use it: Just gently swipe on the lips, smack them together, and say "ma, ma, ma."

From Mally Beauty.

This product is part of QVC's Beauty with Benefits event.

Includes:

  • 0.09-oz mini Lip Shine in Mally's Look, a soft pink shade
  • 0.09-oz mini Lip Shine in Peach Sorbet, a soft peach shade
  • 0.09-oz mini Lip Shine in Blossom, a shimmery mauve shade
  • 0.09-oz mini Lip Shine in Orchid, a deep pink shade
  • 0.09-oz mini Lip Shine in Berrylish, a vibrant pink/plum shade
  • Imported
 
   ❥s7160 laura geller supercharged spackle primer with roller application-
Review:  This item is still available as I ordered another this morning.  When I use mineral powder foundation, I love having a primer under it to help keep it looking fresh and not like a mask.  I do use Laura Geller products already so trying this was a no brainer.  She has an under the eye product with a metal tip that goes on cool so I knew what to expect as far as that roller ball.  This product went on my skin beautifully this morning as I expected it would and knowing that it has beneficial properties to it....even better.  It was priced at $22.00 and the details of this item from QVC are below.
 
What is it: This lightweight primer, fortified with antiaging antioxidants, creates a silky surface for makeup to glide on and stay fresh for hours!

Who is it for: Formulated with skin-loving ingredients, Spackle Supercharged is suitable for all skin types.

Why is it different: Laura's primer is now supercharged with age-fighting antioxidants and soothing botanicals. The stainless steel roller applicator provides an instant cooling effect to the skin.

How do I use it: Turn applicator to its "on" position and gently squeeze tube to dispense product. Apply all over a clean, moisturized face to prep skin for makeup and enjoy a cooling facial massage. Return to "off" position after using.

From Laura Geller.

This product is part of QVC's Beauty with Benefits event.

Includes:

  • 2-oz Spackle Supercharged
 
 
   ❥s7292 it cosmetics no tug anti aging waterproof silk eyeliner duo BROWN/Black -
Review:  No tug? Absolutely.  Long wearing... You betcha.  Wow.  I swatched it on my hand and have had my hands in soapy water off an on all day and my husband said to me....what are all those colors on your hand? (picture below of the tarte cheek stain, eyeshadow, brown eyeliner and mally eyeliners...after washing my hands a lot)
 
A beautiful dark brown color for sure, this pair of eyeliners was priced at $24.00 and the black set is still available.  A definite must have for your beauty bag.
 
 
What is it: No-Tug Silk Antiaging Eyeliners glide on saturated, rich color without tugging on your delicate eyelids.

Who is it for: Anyone who wants rich luxe eyeliner color and application without tugging on the delicate eyelids. Anyone who wants antiaging benefits, and wants to instantly diffuse the look of lines and wrinkles on the eyelids. Anyone who wants a naturally pretty look using skin-loving ingredients that are high performance. Anyone who wants a clinically proven waterproof liner that can be used on both the inner and outer rims and lash line.

Why is it different: These liners are clinically proven waterproof even after eight hours of wear! They're infused with antiaging technology and skin care benefits including hydrolyzed collagen, silk proteins, and vitamins C and E for younger looking lids. Paraben-, fragrance-, and sulfate-free.

How do I use it: Use the No-Tug pencil to define the inner and outer rims of your eyes, or use it above or below your lash line. For a fine line, sharpen the tip and draw a line as close to your upper and/or lower lashes as possible. To create a flattering eye shape, extend the line slightly at the outer corner. For a sultry or smoky look, use the first few minutes of play time to smudge liner before it sets. Use multiple liner colors together or wear separately. Remove with waterproof makeup remover (not included).

From IT Cosmetics.

This product is part of QVC's Beauty with Benefits event

  • Includes two 0.067-oz eyeliner pencils and two sharpeners
  • Black/Brown: includes deep matte black and matte rich brown shades
  • Plum/Golden Bronze: includes matte rich plum and coppery satin shades
  • Navy/Graphite: includes dark midnight blue and rich charcoal shades
  • Imported
 
❥Free gift bag
 
  
 
 
 
 
  ❥FREE gift bag #1
 
 
 
 
 
 
  ❥ free mally eyeliner- long wearing, no tug to apply beautiful colors and a definite in the beauty bag.
 
 
  
 
  ❥FREE gift bag #2
 
 
  ❥Purity from Philosophy is a MUST have facial cleaner.  Delicate and effective...love this product!
  
 
 
 
  ❥this Laura Geller eye primer and shadow is also long wearing and apparently waterproof and I would definitely recommend it and I am going to see what other colors it is available in.
 
 
❥ Tarte cheek stain is new to me and just in trying it on my hand all I can say wow....a little goes far and you need to be prepared to apply it where you want it because when it dries..it stays.   I am going to try it on bare skin under my foundation tomorrow.
 
 
 
 
  ❥Top of pic, is the Tart cheek stain....then the lip glosses, and eyeliners.