Test scent Italian candles- 2013 cold review




  • bellini cafĂ©- the Italian love of life is captured in a blend of sparkling berries, juicy apple and sugared grape notes.  Bellissimo- white colored candle --- eyes closed, first sniff...it smelled like an alcohol drink to me.  I can smell the grape notes as if they were freshly crushed against the berries and apple and cured in a vat.  I can imagine this in a tall clear glass bubbling to the rim.  Love!

  • tuscan herbs- aromatic herbs from the sun drenched soil of Tuscany inspired this fragrance that blends fresh basil, parsley and garden greens- Light green colored candle----this candle cold reminds me of another candle...and I am trying to figure out which now.  it reads on the label that it blend basil and parsley and other greens...but I am not getting that initially. I smell, lemon, perhaps a citrus.

  • limoncello- raise your glass to this fragrance inspired by italys beloved drink, limoncello, with its notes of Sorrento lemons, cane sugar and a hint of lemon zest.--pale yellow colored candle---at first smell, this reminded me of lemon gelato.  I like the lemon scent, but it's not in your face lemon here I am, it is a clean lemon smell. One I would like to smell in my kitchen.   

  • pizzeria- pizza, one of italys greatest gifts to the world is celebrated in this fragrant blend of cracked black pepper, basil, tomato sauce and warm, crusty dough----White colored candle -----when you think about the name of the candle, your first thoughts are "What?"  Pizzeria?  Really?  Well, yes, pizzeria....really.  I didn't want to not try something because I was turned off from the name.  And after smelling it, I wonder if they left the name blank what each of us would have named it.....   I am Italian, so I  enjoy the smells of all things that I am familiar with. And you know yourself going into a pizza place or an Italian restaurant, you do savor and take in those smells as they are appealing.  I found smelling this cold now, it is appealing to me. When I close my eyes, the first thing I smell is the pepper on the crusty bread. The bread smells warm and inviting, and the pepper is not overwhelming.  it draws me in.  There is no deep tomato scent, but one you kind of know is there.  Or you expect there to match the bread smell.  I look forward to experiencing this lit.

  • espresso bar- in Italy you never take your coffee "to go" instead you stop and savor the aromas of roasted espresso beans and sweet vanilla froth that inspired this fragrance.--Hershey chocolate bar brown colored candle--my first thought when I smelled this cold was .....this reminds me of the first time I had one of those Maxwell house international coffees when I was young and thought how awesome this is.  Then I grew up, and appreciated the intricacies of different blends.  This has a bit of coffee bite, that is tempered with a cream, vanilla.  Its the smell those who love coffee take in a sniff when you go to your favorite coffee house to order a cup and "sit" and drink it.

  • gelato- a creamy sweet blend of raspberry and strawberry with an effervescent spun sugar finish becomes the perfect fragrance indulgence. bravo, bravo.--soft pink colored candle---how can you make a candle smell like the bubbles of a drink tickling your nose?  I dunno either...but this candle smells awesome. The raspberries and strawberries are sweet and you can almost taste the fizz.  Love !

  • Sicilian orange- in transit

  • dolce- coming soon

  • villa bergamot- coming soon