Department: Beauty | Loreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara | Target Beauty Box

March 19, 2014



In the beginning of this month I posted a quick blog about the Target Beauty Box was out and ready to purchase. It included 5 beauty finds and were offered at a fantastic price of only $5.30 as the shipping and handling charges were included.

There was no limit to purchase them, as far as I know.  I purchased only one myself...( I would feel too guilty if other beauty-nistas didn't get one if I was greedy)

Mine arrived yesterday and I must say I loved the presentation packaging that arrived.  For five dollars!!!

Inside you are greeted with a card that reads..."Hello Beautiful"

and it has a full description of all five of the products included as well as a $3.00 any beauty purchase of $15.00 at Target stores.

These are the products enclosed:

  1. toni and guy casual sea salt texturing spray- want beachy hair without hitting the surf? spray from root to tip for salty, sultry texture and subtle windswept waves.
  2. loreal voluminous butterfly mascara-stretch and lengthen lashes for a fluttery, winged out look with this unique mascara formula and revolutionary asymmetrical butterfly brush.
  3. herbal essences naked dry shampoo- give hair a rejuvenation boost with this paraben and colorant free formula made with natural tapioca to instantly absorb excess oil with less residue.
  4. covergirl smoochies sizzle gloss- pucker up. sheer color meets sizzling shimmer in a moisturizing formula that's always stunning never sticky.
  5. jergens BB body cream light- finally, a multi-tasking beauty cream in a quick drying formula that goes on sheer and delivers visible results in just 5 days.
Now I did not yet try the Jergens Body cream for the five days for a full out review...but I will.  I will say, this product has a light color to it, and a light sheen, as well as a soft fragrance.  I do use Jergens products on my skin for sunless tanning and I do like them and look forward to seeing what this product offers.

I didn't use the Toni and Guy sea salt item yet.  I do have coarse, naturally curly hair so it will be interesting to see what this does to that.

I haven't tried the Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo on my hair yet, but I did spray it on my hand to see what it was like.  It comes out of the can like can cold and is dry feeling.  I will try this as well on my hair when I haven't washed it daily just to see what it feels like.  I usually wash my hair daily out of habit so its hard to know the result on clean hair.

I did put the lip gloss on... #510 named blind date...and its a not too sticky light pink color gloss with sparkles in it.  It has a faint sweet taste and a sweet scent and I would definitely buy this again for myself and my sisters.

Finally... the mascara.  I took a picture of my lashes without anything on and yes, they are thin and faint...(years of abuse with mascaras and harsh removers). The next photo is with ONE coat of this mascara on. And you can see they got long and covered in product.  The true test for me will be the all day durability.  I want to see if this flakes off on my cheek and my brow.  It is water and soap removable so I will edit this tonight with a follow-up to how it performed but so far...its pretty good.  I think this product retails for $7.99 a tube in the stores so that alone made purchasing this beauty box worthwhile.